Enpass Discussion Forum

unuglyfy linux theme

_artem_

unuglyfy linux theme

on a dark kde themes enpass looks like crap.. can you fix it?? maybe switching from gtk shit to qt ??? or just make it look better. please

can you please tell me what that dark mid part should represent??? same ugly dark is in browser extension.. and look at unreadable additional actions (arrow -> clear recent items and others.. grey on white.. you should execute your designers)

Screenshot_20170914_085647_.png.12ba3e656dab69488cdcac26d9ba4089.png

Screenshot_20170914_085458.thumb.png.a61a124fc0841b296c72e2f36b485002.png

Hi @_artem_

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is because we have hard coded the color scheme of sidebar and details pane for its custom UI which is not adaptive to themes. And our dev team is working on refactoring the core engine along with a completely new UI. Meanwhile, you can opt to use a light theme with Enpass only. For this,  you will have to add these two lines before the last line in /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh

export HIDE_TOOLBAR_LINE=1
export QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=fusion

Hope this helps!

• 4 months later...

Hey there, just wanted to share that for some reason this workaround didn't work here. But I learned another way and it's working fine. 

I created another profile with kdeglobals inside using white (standard) breeze and added the line below to runespass.sh. 

export XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/home/sputnik/.config-light

Thank you 

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Since this is still an issue and the proposed workaround does not work for me on KDE 5.53.0 Plasma 5.14.4 (Antergos Arch), and apparently there are not real plans to fix it, could you at least try to provide a workaround that works? - that would make the application so much more usable.

@Joel Teixeira Would you be so kind to give a more detailed explanation? I have no idea what "I created another profile with kdeglobals inside" means... 

Thanks in advance!

Gino

Just now, GinoEelen said:

Hi,

Since this is still an issue and the proposed workaround does not work for me on KDE 5.53.0 Plasma 5.14.4 (Antergos Arch), and apparently there are not real plans to fix it, could you at least try to provide a workaround that works? - that would make the application so much more usable.

@Joel Teixeira Would you be so kind to give a more detailed explanation? I have no idea what "I created another profile with kdeglobals inside" means... 

Thanks in advance!

Gino

Hi Gino, when you change the default kde between dark and light it saves this info inside /home/username/.config so I basically switched back to light theme and duplicate the config folder as .config-light and switched back to dark theme. Then using the above command from previous post I told enpass to use the light themed environment.

But out of curiosity, why aren't you using the enpass 6? I'm not using Linux right now but I thought it was released on both platforms.

Hi Joel,

Wow, thanks for the quick response :)

In Antergos I rely on the Pamac GUI for keeping everything up to date. And for some reason it was showing 5.6.9 as the most recent version. After going to the command line and using Yaourt to update enpass, it found version 6 and installed it. After that, Pamac also shows version 6 as the most recent one. Maybe I should be doing more CLI work in the future...

Version 6 looks awesome now :) so I withdraw my comment about no fix being in the makes, and thank you Enpass team for this improved all-new version. It looks and works great! 

Thanks again for the help!

35 minutes ago, Joel Teixeira said:

Hi Gino, when you change the default kde between dark and light it saves this info inside /home/username/.config so I basically switched back to light theme and duplicate the config folder as .config-light and switched back to dark theme. Then using the above command from previous post I told enpass to use the light themed environment.

But out of curiosity, why aren't you using the enpass 6? I'm not using Linux right now but I thought it was released on both platforms.

13 minutes ago, GinoEelen said:

Hi Joel,

Wow, thanks for the quick response :)

In Antergos I rely on the Pamac GUI for keeping everything up to date. And for some reason it was showing 5.6.9 as the most recent version. After going to the command line and using Yaourt to update enpass, it found version 6 and installed it. After that, Pamac also shows version 6 as the most recent one. Maybe I should be doing more CLI work in the future...

Version 6 looks awesome now :) so I withdraw my comment about no fix being in the makes, and thank you Enpass team for this improved all-new version. It looks and works great! 

Thanks again for the help!

Great to know it worked for you Gino and that it's working as it should without tweaking environment files. Nice step forward from enpass dev team.