Enpass Discussion Forum

Ubuntu 18.04: Cant't restore data from Google Drive

Oceanwaves

Hello,

I'm using Enpass without problems on SuSE Tumbleweed Linux, Android 10 and Windows 10. I now tried to install Enpass (v6.4.1.643) on Ubuntu 18.04 (64 Bit). When I try to restore my data from Google Drive Enpass calls Firefox, I log on to Google and give Enpass access to my Google Drive. When I try to redirect back to Enpass I only get an error "-978" in Enpass, see attached screen shot.

What's wrong?

Screenshot_20200701_122003.png

Hey @Lele78

Welcome to the forum!

For quick troubleshooting, disconnect the sync from all the devices and reconnect it again.

If your problem persists, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you getting any error message or code during sync? If yes, share it with us.
  • Are you able to access all Enpass data on any device?
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced time get updated on the sync page?

Thanks!

On 7/2/2020 at 8:35 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Oceanwaves

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try changing the default browser on the Ubuntu device and then try to restore the data from Google-drive cloud. If the problem persists, please share if you are able to access all Enpass data on any other device?

Thanks!

Hello,

I installed Chromium and made it the default browser, then tried again to restore my data from Google Drive. This time it worked!

Thanks for the help. The interface looks ugly on the Ubuntu system compared to my SuSE KDE Plasma system but since it is just a VM for tests it doesn't matter.

Kind regards,

Oliver

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 8:35 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Oceanwaves

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try changing the default browser on the Ubuntu device and then try to restore the data from Google-drive cloud. If the problem persists, please share if you are able to access all Enpass data on any other device?

Thanks!

Hi

The Redirect just takes me back to the original Enpass page. I've tried Firefox and Chrome but no change to the problem. It used to work on Firefox.

ENPASS ERROR CRASH REPORT 210221 .png

Hey @ScottyJavea

Regret the inconvenience.

If I have understood correctly, you are trying to restore the Enpass data from Google-Drive cloud and Enpass is crashing. If yes, please try signing off from the Google-Drive cloud account on the browser and then try to restore again. If the app still crashes, please share the below details-

1. Which Enpass version you using?
  2. On which device and OS version are you having this issue?
  3. Have you send the crash report to us? If yes, please share the mentioned description on the same?

Thanks!