Enpass Discussion Forum

Cannot import data from 1password

I exported a vault in 1password to 1pif format. I open Mac version of Enpass, select import, select 1password and 1pif format. I then click on the folder icon and navigate to the folder my pif file is in. The file is there, because it shows up in the picker window. However, when press "Continue" I get a message in red "No PIF file present in selected folder". The file certainly is there, I see it in Finder and I see it in the window where I choose the directory.

What do I do when Enpass says something is not there but it is?

Hey @randomhammer

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for using Enpass and writing in. We understand the problem and will help you out. Could you please try saving the 1pif exported file to some other location and check? Make sure while importing the file, you’re selecting the folder rather than the 1pif file. Please try exporting 1Password data as CSV and try to import the same in Enpass. Let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply, life has gotten in the way of conversion. What do you mean about selecting the directory, not the file? When I click on the folder next to the file name box, it opens a selection window. I can select the folder my 1pif file is in, but the file that displays in the folder is gray. There is no way that I could accidentally pick the wrong thing, unless there is some other way to select the file that is not obvious? That is how I know the file is actually there, it shows up in the file list even though it is grayed out. So I click on the folder name, press OK, and get the message that there is no pif file (even though there obviously is).

Sorry if this is a filly question, but there doesn't seem to be a way to make an error unless there is some other selection mechanism that I am unaware of. 

Hi @randomhammer,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?
  • Which 1Password Version are you using?
  • Which type of Items(login, identity, cards, etc.) you have exported from 1Password?
  • Is the exported file contains attachments also?

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 2 weeks later...

@randomhammer

Hi, I just run into this, But I fixed it by the followings:

1. export **1pif** from 1password

2. select **CSV** not **1PIF** when u wanna import with **1PIF**

3.select your **1PIF** file

4.back to step 2 and select **1PIF** this time

5. click **continue** and it's done.

It looks like a bug on 6.4.2 on Mac App Store   @Garima Singh @Pratyush Sharma

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...