Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass crashes twice a day (minimum)

Zoker

Hi there,

I'm using the Enpass version from the Microsoft Store and also paid for the full version. Half the time I click on the Chrome Edge extension to auto fill my login, the main Enpass application crashes. I submitted my crash reports since half a year and for at least 50 times now, but the issue does not seem to be fixed yet. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application with also re-adding my vault. But it still crashes. 

image.png.ce890666ffd850b65533b6d18fcd2396.png

Can somebody help me or can anyone from the dev team have a look? Thanks!

Kind regards,
Zoker 

Edited by Zoker

Hi @Zoker,

Sorry for the inconvenience cause to you.

Please revert to us with the answer to the following queries and we will get it sorted out for you:

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass and Enpass extension version are you using?
  • Which browser version are you using?
  • Are you facing the same problem with other browsers too?
  • Are you using any Antivirus or third-party security-related extension?
  • Also let us know have you submitted a crash report? If yes, please share the string provided in the crash report while submitting so that we can track it with the crash report.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi @Pratyush Sharma,

Thanks for the quick reply!

• I use a Xiaomi Mi Book Pro 2019 with Windows 10 (2004 / 19041.329)
  • Enpass version: 6.43.666.0
  • Enpass extension version: 6.4.0
  • Browser: Edge chromium 84.0.522.28
  • I did not test this with many browsers, but before I used the Edge chromium I used Google Chrome and had the same issue there
  • No I don't use any antivirus software, only native windows defender
  • Yes I have submitted crash reports (see the screenshot in the first post), but I have no idea how to get the string you mentioned. Can you please help me get this string?

Please let me know, if you need any more information!

Regards,
Zoker

Edited by Zoker

Hi,

I am a new user. Just couple of weeks old. I have yearly subscription. Enpass crashed today for me. I had closed the app and it stays in the sys tray. All these while I click once, the assistant will open. Today I clicked once, it did not open. Then I clicked twice. It cashed. I have also sent a crash report. My questions...

1. Why does it crash? And can you solve it?

2. Why are you just showing a sample crash report instead of the actual report you are sending from my end?

Thanks.

Vijayakrishnan

Edited by vvijayakrishnan

Hi @Zoker & @vvijayakrishnan,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

Would you please share the logs of Enpass app and Extension? It will be invaluable to our development team to understand so share the logs on support@enpass.io and address the issue.

• You can enable the logs from the app by following these steps:
  • For Enpass app:  Go to Settings > Browser > Enable logs.
  • For Extension: Go to Enpass extension's options page > Enable logs.
  • Quit the app. Even from the System Tray or Menu Bar. Open the app.
  • Restart the browser.
  • Copy the logs of Enpass app and extension.

Hi @Zoker @vvijayakrishnan,

There's a bit misunderstanding here. Sorry for that!
The logs option is only available in the website version of Enpass. As you've been using the Store version; it's not available. However, I have noted down the issue you're facing and our QA team is looking into it.

Why can't we see the actual crash report that is sent?
Users cannot see the crash report; it is only accessible to our developers. Please share the crash report mentioning your name, so that our team can quickly identify the report and look into the crash details.

17 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Zoker @vvijayakrishnan,

There's a bit misunderstanding here. Sorry for that!
The logs option is only available in the website version of Enpass. As you've been using the Store version; it's not available. However, I have noted down the issue you're facing and our QA team is looking into it.

Why can't we see the actual crash report that is sent?
Users cannot see the crash report; it is only accessible to our developers. Please share the crash report mentioning your name, so that our team can quickly identify the report and look into the crash details.

Hi Mr Sharma,

Thanks for the response. But its disappointing.

//Users cannot see the crash report; it is only accessible to our developers.// Isn't this what we have pointed out. You are restating my question and saying that is the answer. Moreover, Enpass neither shows us the report so that we can be confident no confidential information is part of it. Nor Enpass allow us an option to save it for future reference from your end. But you are asking me to send the report again. Where from will I get the crash report?

There is some basic flaw in the way this problem resolution process is working. Anyway, I don't know this back and forth communication is going to help at all. Thanks.

Edited by vvijayakrishnan

Following

I have issues with enpass crashing in chrome, almost every time after computer was asleep (at least I think that has to do with the issue).

I'm always submitting crash reports.

Using Enpass client 6.4.3 (666) Chrome extension 6.4.0

Edited by Cederd
More info

Hi @vvijayakrishnan,

Thanks for writing back in.

Currently we haven't given any option to the users to view the crash report. However, we have noted down this request and forwarded it to the concerned team for further consideration. Meanwhile, if you want to check what information does the crash report contains, have a look at this FAQ.

Also, we are able to reproduce this issue at our end, and our team is already working on it. Hopefully, the fix will be available in future updates.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue (Windows 10 2004 on a Lenovo X1 gen2) - Enpass is crashing like 5-10 times a day (I use it heavily). This seems to be an ongoing issue - I had times where it crashed frequently and then it worked OK for some time. The MacOS Version that I am using does not have this problem at all. 

My question is: why is it so hard to write a stable windows app that does not crash all the time? I never had this kind of problems with any other app. Can't you just catch the exception(s) in the app and show an error message instead of letting it crash? This is not a very good user experience IMHO!

@Maja

I regret the inconvenience. Honestly, we don't have many users writing to us about the app crash on the Windows platform, so this could be a device-specific issue, but don't worry, I'll help you out. 

First, which Enpass version are you using - you can find this info in Menu -> Help -> About.
Second, did you recently send us any crash report? Please let us know what name you mentioned in the report so we can filter it out. 
Third, does the app crash in the background (when you're not using it), or does it crash while you're using it?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issue and have been for over a year. I have sent multiple crash reports and it still crashes regularly. 

To fix the crashes, I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled and it doesn't work. I have the issue on multiple computers.

I am at the point where I am contemplating switching to Bitwarden.

Edited by Sk0ly

I have had exactly the same problem for more than a year...

This problem this product or on my two HP notebooks with Windows 2004 (but already before 1909 and older) chrome extension several Vault synchronize...

I switched from webdav synchronization to folder synchronization, I completely uninstalled the application and reinstalled it, I tested with the store version and the exe version but the problem is still there...

This problem is also added to the problem on the mobile application that doesn't work, I have already contacted the support for this problem also I have sent the reports plus videos but I have no news...

I specify that I bought the desktop and mobile version and I'm excremently disappointed...

If a patch does not come quickly I go to the competition!

And all my customers where I installed it too..

Edited by Der43e

For information I have several Vault ( about 20 ), I really have the impression that the problem comes when the system does the synchronization ( or tries to synchronize it )

Is it possible to pause the synchronisations to check my theory without having to reconfigure them all afterwards? C or at least have a log of what is happening?

• 2 weeks later...