Enpass Discussion Forum

New phone not recognizing Pro upgrade

Kurt Hilgartner

Hello

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone that I purchased Enpass Pro awhile back. I am in the process of restoring to a new S6 phone. 

However when I open Enpass app, its recognized as the free version with the limitations, so all my entries are not there. I backed up Enpass to my PC on my old phone and have tried to restore the backup on my new phone. I believe I received a message within Enpass that the app is no longer available on PlayStore and if I purchased on Google Play store before a certain date, to click here, but, its just not recognizing that Ive purchased it and restoring all my entries. It only restores the amount limited on the free version.

I just found a video on this. 

Part of the problem was that I did not completely setup my new phone with Gmail account used to purchase. So that wasnt recognized.

However, one question remains. The tutorial states that you need to enter SEPARATELY a First part and Second part of the order number on the emailed receipt. My Playstore email doesnt appear to break down the order number into two parts.

Its listed as such: 

Order Number: XXX.1111-1111-1111-11111

Whats part 1 and part 2?

Edited by Kurt Hilgartner

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Kurt Hilgartner

On 9/15/2017 at 9:23 PM, Kurt Hilgartner said:

However, one question remains. The tutorial states that you need to enter SEPARATELY a First part and Second part of the order number on the emailed receipt. My Playstore email doesnt appear to break down the order number into two parts.

You don't have to worry about it if you've purchased Enpass after 31st January 2015. Actually this process was to help those users in migrating their purchase across the new Enpass app launched after 31 Jan 2015. From the format of your order ID, I can see that you've purchased it later.  

On 9/15/2017 at 9:23 PM, Kurt Hilgartner said:

Part of the problem was that I did not completely setup my new phone with Gmail account used to purchase. So that wasnt recognized.

Now that you've figured it out, are you able to restore your purchase after setting up your Google account in Play Store? If not, please let me know, if you purchased the app in the same country where you're now and trying to restore? 

Cheers!