Enpass Discussion Forum

can you please fix your tags issue/bug?

speedyallan77

i just dont understand no matter how many times i update, your tag issues seems to be a complete bug on windows.

now imagine i have 2 tags, and i have an item under a tag and i try to drag it to a new tag, what happens is it creates 2 tags such that  the item appears under both tags,

this is so stupid and frsutrating, the whole point of a user moving/dragging an item to a new tag is to move it there just like a folder.

now lets say i have 2 tags, and  now if i add a tag manually by typing, into the tag field which shows auto suggestions/auto complete and if i select one of the suggested tag, now it does not make the item appear under the extra suggested tag, what it does is it creates a new duplicate copy of the tag and adds the item under that tag instead of making it appear on the tag that i already selected.

it just creates of duplicate copy of that tag and makes it appear under the already existing tags that i have. please try going to an item in windows and typing a tag manually by yourself and when the auto suggest comes click it and see what happens, the item does not simply move to an already existing tag , that was selected or appear there, instead it creates a duplicate copy of that same tag and makes it appear there so now i have 2 items.

idk how your app has such fundamental flaws and its going unnoticed.

please GIVE US AN EASY WAY TO COPY/PASTE, CUT/PASTE ITEMS, AND MOVE THEM BETWEEN TAGS JUST LIKE FOLDERS. EVEN DRAGGING AND DROPPING IS SO BAD THAT IT ADDS EXTRA TAGS INSTEAD OF MOVING THE ITEM TO THAT TAG LIKE FOLDERS.

IF U CANT FIX THIS, IT IS SO COUNTER INTUITIVE, I WILL JUST BE FORCED TO SWITCH APPS.  THESE ARE FUNDAMENTAL THINGS EVERY USER NEEDS. I DOUBT U GUYS HAVE REALLY TESTED COPYING OR ORAGNIZING PASSWORD AND ITEMS BETWEEN TAGS COZ IF U DID IT IS COUNTER INTUITIVE AND JUST DOESENT WORK AND TOO MANY BUGS

thankyou this problem has been going on since last year i thought u guys will fix it but it wasnt, this made me feel relying on a 3rd party company is not good for managing ur valuable passwords, rather i would stick to something robust like microsoft excel where its just a plain sheet atleast it will have less bugs than  a password manager and i can customise or organize things easily. 

in enpass organizing passwords into tags is a big pain. obviously u guys should have made it folders rather than tags or atleast make the tags work like folders, ever since u brought tags it was a disaster.

and rather than us having to even type the tags to get suggestions, if we already have self created tags, enpass should allow us to have the option to also pick from a list of tags rather than having to type it. both should be possible. coz sometimes i have way too many tags that typing to get suggestions is not always practical. allow us to pick from list of tags aswell besides also being able to type and get tag suggestions

Edited by speedyallan77

• 3 months later...

I opened this almost two years ago and it still hasn‘t been solved. And no: Tags are not folders. If people don‘t see the difference in what we have to deal with now, I‘m tired of explaining. But I just live with it because I love the rest of it , thanks Enpass

On 10/14/2020 at 4:12 AM, Mauko said:

I opened this almost two years ago and it still hasn‘t been solved. And no: Tags are not folders. If people don‘t see the difference in what we have to deal with now, I‘m tired of explaining. But I just live with it because I love the rest of it , thanks Enpass

Hi @Mauko

I do understand that tags are not folders, but I have learnt to adapt and make full use of tags.  Looking from my side of the fence it seems that people who want folders back do not understand tags.

1 hour ago, Dentonthebear said:

Hi @Mauko

I do understand that tags are not folders, but I have learnt to adapt and make full use of tags.  Looking from my side of the fence it seems that people who want folders back do not understand tags.

bruh please these tags are useless and buggy. u make one item and type a tag manually it will create duplicate tag. 

also u can't even move items between tags like u could in folders. worst shit feature ever 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Personally I think you misunderstand tagging, for the UI it is clear that multiple tags can be assigned to an item. This is useful in that it allows an item to be accessed via multiple paths. Among other thing I use Enpass to keep track of my home network With two adult sons living at home and all of us working in IT it's a large home network. its useful to be able to access items by host name, device type (appliance, laptop, etc.) and location. tagging make this easy. To move an item you only have to remove the unwanted tag.