Enpass Discussion Forum

Unable to move Entries

geier22

I've been a new user of Enpass for a day.

My system: Debian Buster KDE and XFCE (dual boot):

I'm excited about Empass, especially because all browsers have a good working Add ON (Firefox / Vivaldi / Chrome).

I have imported over 300 logins and notes from KeePass2 with mostly error-free results.
The data was imported into the same folder as in KeePass2.
Now I would like to move the folders into the categories of Enpass, which does not work. I did not find a selection "move".
I can push an entry with the mouse into a category. The action only seems to generate a link to the old entry. If I delete the old entry in the folder hierarchy, both entries are deleted.
Ask:
Is there a way to move imported entries to the categories of Enpass ?
There is no way to undo an action
A Trash -  like KeePass2 - would also be very nice

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @geier22

On 9/19/2017 at 5:28 PM, geier22 said:

I have imported over 300 logins and notes from KeePass2 with mostly error-free results.
The data was imported into the same folder as in KeePass2.
Now I would like to move the folders into the categories of Enpass, which does not work. I did not find a selection "move".
I can push an entry with the mouse into a category. The action only seems to generate a link to the old entry. If I delete the old entry in the folder hierarchy, both entries are deleted.

Is there a way to move imported entries to the categories of Enpass ?

When you import data from KeePass, all the imported items are stored under the Login category. If there were any folders in KeePass they will be created in Enpass and will have a reference to the item in the Login category. So to recategorize your items, please try moving the items from Login to desired categories first and later on you can manage the references in the folders

A Trash -  like KeePass2 - would also be very nice

This is already on our roadmap for a future version of Enpass.

Hope this answers your queries.

On 20.9.2017 at 11:56 AM, Akash Vyas said:

When you import data from KeePass, all the imported items are stored under the Login category

That is not right.
After the import all categories were empty. All KeePass folders have been copied. In addition, there is a folder "import", in which all data were additionally available. So the data is duplicated. (Picture 1)
If I now move a record from the folder "import" to Logins, the record still remains in the folder structure (Picture 2)
Since I am not 100% sure whether actually all records are double, I must compare every time.

What I can do:
Hide the categories and delete the "Import" folder. I am not sure if all data is deleted.

Would not be nice, since I have already spent some time in the processing of the data

Enpass_018.thumb.png.d49302d1cc42be1579d41b40f86c9768.png

Enpass_019.thumb.png.43673c4d5e424302130fd2a3395245e7.png

Edited by geier22