Enpass Discussion Forum

Snyc issue WebDAV

Sirio

The synchronization between different devices with the Synology with WebDAV no longer works.  Separating and re-creating it does not solve either.  In addition, the sync file was deleted on the WebDAV.  I had problems with WebDAV before and it was difficult to set up.  What other synchronization methods are there, not via a cloud service?  How to set up a shared folder on Android iPhone and Mac?  Fighting this problem again is really tedious so the application is not trustworthy.:(

Hi @Sirio,

Thanks for writing back in.

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you getting same error message or code during sync on all devices? If yes, share it with us.

hi

how I wrote before:

Enpass 6.5.0 (473) on iOS 13.5.1 & Android EMUI 10.0.0.161& NAS Synology DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2

Sync Error code 908401

And here my last question: Its possible to create a new Tresor and copy all entries form the not working (sync) to them?

Thx

Edited by Sirio

Hi @Sirio

Thanks for writing in.  Please follow the below steps to take backup of Enpass data and restore:

• Open Enpass --> Menu --> File --> Backup all vaults.
  • Now transfer the backup file manually into a device where you want to restore data.
  • Open Enpass --> Settings ---> Vaults > Create a new Vault by clicking on “+“ ---> Click on ‘Local storage’ under Backup file --> Select the location of the file(which you saved locally) --> Select the vault which you wish to restore and click on Continue --> Enter master password (same you used previously)-> Tap on 'Continue'. 

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

• 1 month later...

No answer is also an answer. a long time has passed and the problem always persists. very disappointing so i have to think about using a different product. Can't you offer me any other solution as I can configure folder synchrosition instead of webdav with my android smart phone in the internal network. it would be a shame I would have to switch to another product. thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-25 um 13.40.00.png

Hello Garima

Good news, I hope this will fix the WebDAV problem. I tried this problem with another app that sync the DB file on the NAS, that is not satisfactory also it only works one way Mobile -> Desktop.

When is the new version coming?

Thx

• 1 month later...

Hello,

For me, I have found the solution. It is a problem where IIS does not serve the .enpassdbsync file correctly. To fix this issue, you need to go to add a MIME type under your webdav website in IIS. The extension should be .enpassdbsync and the extension text/plain. Enpass should receive the file correctly and be able to add or find the required encrypted text correctly so the sync can occur. Screenshot