Enpass Discussion Forum

enpass 5.6.0 not working ..

avinator

Hi @avinator

Sorry for the inconvenience. We got some reports from the users about the crash of Enpass 5.6.0 on the older mac devices. It would be a great help if you can share the screenshot of the system report. You can find it with the mentioned steps:

• Click on the Apple logo on your Mac (present on the top left corner) --> Click on About This Mac --> More Info --> System Report.

Thanks for your co-operation!

I have a similar problem with 5.6.0 - with one Windows 10 machine I have it installed on it works fine, with another Windows 10 machine it won't accept the password. 

If I uninstall enpass on this machine and reinstall it will sync and work fine, but when I restart the machine it again wont accept my password. 

All the time my other machine works fine. Very frustrating. 

Hi @finswim01

Sorry to hear about your trouble you are going through. Please type your password in a text editor, so you can see and make sure that the password is being typed correctly. Then copy and paste it into Enpass and let me know if it works?

If the problem still persists, please drop us an email at support@enpass.io mentioning a link to this discussion with these details so that we can take a closer look at this issue.

• Which cloud services are you using to sync?
  • Which keyboard layout are you using?
  • What is the default language for Enpass and are you using any special character in the master password?
  • Have you changed the default location of Enpass database on your PC?

Thanks for your co-operation!

Hi Enpass,

I have the same issue ...

After upgrading to Enpass 5.6.0, I launch it, get a pop-up box 'Enpass quit unexpectedly'. 

Could we get a fix for this ASAP!    Thank you!

This is the msg in the Mac console app:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (in.sinew.Enpass-Desktop.47072[1424]) Service exited due to signal: Illegal instruction: 4

Other details:

Mac OS X El Capitan

System Version: OS X 10.11.6 (15G1611)

Kernel Version: Darwin 15.6.0

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Process:               Enpass [1459]
Path:                  /Applications/Enpass.app/Contents/MacOS/Enpass
Identifier:            in.sinew.Enpass-Desktop
Version:               5.6.0 (113)
App Item ID:           732710998
App External ID:       823668621
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Hi @spacy2,

We are aware of this issue where Enpass started crashing on the older mac devices after the recent update to v5.6.0. Sorry for the inconvenience guys! This was something, technically unusual but we have fixed this and stable version will be rolled out soon. Meanwhile, you can download the pre-release version and continue using it until the update is available. Since this fix is available from our website, syncing with iCloud would not be possible.

Cheers!

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Since the last update Enpass kept crashing or shutting down and since this morning won't accept my master password anymore, it keeps telling me that the password is incorrect. But I have never changed the password and am 100% certain that I am typing the correct password. Also downloaded and tried the version 5.6.1 mentioned above, same story. Any thoughts on what I can do or try?

Working on a MacBook Pro running on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor.

Thanks!

Sophia

Hi @Sophia

I am really very sorry to hear that you are having trouble in unlocking keychain. Please have a look at our page listing some of the troubleshooting steps for the master password not working.

If your problem still persists, please share some more info so that we can help you in a better way.

• Which Enpass version are you using on the device?
  • Which cloud services are you using to sync?
  • Have you changed the default location of Enpass database?
  • In which language along with its keyboard layout are using for Enpass?
  • Have you recently changed your Master password on any device?

Awaiting your response. 

I am also getting constant Enpass crashing on version 5.60.

I am running on a brand new Macbook Pro 13" 2017 (With touch bar) Running the public release of high sierra. Enpass is in the default location, synced using google cloud. My region and keyboard is set to English (Canada). I have not recently changed my master password.

I think it might be related to High Sierra because it is also happening on my iMac at work. It seems to possibly related to using the firefox extension. It seems to crash fairly consistently using it.