Enpass Discussion Forum

Username generator

Bill Rossum

These days, it's hard to not leave behind a digital footprint. People can often learn a lot about you just by googling your username. I think that Enpass could really help solve this problem by offering a random username generator. The usernames could be nonsensical, or they could be created from a predefined dictionary.

It would also be nice to have a general random generator so that you could generate random values for any field, but I think this would be more difficult to implement. One possible use case would be randomly selecting an email to use from a list of your email addresses, which would also make it harder for people to track your online activities.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2017 at 10:10 AM, Bill Rossum said:

These days, it's hard to not leave behind a digital footprint. People can often learn a lot about you just by googling your username. I think that Enpass could really help solve this problem by offering a random username generator. The usernames could be nonsensical, or they could be created from a predefined dictionary.

It would also be nice to have a general random generator so that you could generate random values for any field, but I think this would be more difficult to implement. One possible use case would be randomly selecting an email to use from a list of your email addresses, which would also make it harder for people to track your online activities.

There are already several such tools to generate unique username. Some of them are:

1 Jimpix
2 Best Username Generator
3 Speedy Password
4 SpinXO
5 Screen Name Generator
6 Rum & Monkey

Source: - https://www.techwhoop.com/random-username-generator/

Hope it helps you.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Usernames allow multiple users to use the same computer or online service with their personal settings and files. When used on a website, a username enables you to maintain personal settings and identification with that website or service. it is very important to use the username generator to generate cool username for your social media accounts and games.

• Like 1