Enpass Discussion Forum

New Firefox for Android

ki5678olr6tgk

Hi @ki5678olr6tgk,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

It would be a great help if you can explain this scenario a bit more, it will help in a clear understanding of the problem before further proceedings.  A screenshot, would be great. Also, let us know following details:

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?
  • Which Firefox version are you using?
  • If possible, please share the screenshot of the Enpass autofill settings.

I have the most up to date versions of the apps, my apps update automatically. The problem is that the autofill popup next to the credentials fields appear and disappear rapidly, thus I can't use the autofill option and I need to go to Enpass and copy-paste to the login fields. I'll have a look at autofill options and will report back.

Device: Nokia 7.1, Android OS: latest with July patch. Firefox: 79.0.5 (Build #2015758619), Enpass: 6.5.0.390

Addition: I tried to screencap the autofill options but screen capture is prohibited in the app. I'm using Android autofill service, other tick boxes are unchecked. I also can't screencap the issue since I can't screencap sub-second flickering of the autofill invoking box.

Edited by ki5678olr6tgk
Device, OS, Firefox, Enpass plus screencap info

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the exact same issue with

Android 10 on a OnePlus 6

Firefox 80.1.2 (Build #2015761283)

Enpass 6.5.0.390

Here is a screencast: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnZDDAK9zYn_gvt2dNw-4_EhBKLEIQ

Must of the time it flickers up a short time and disappears again. There are some circumstances the overlay is visible as I would expect it but I can't reproduce this behavior because it seems pretty random to me.

Would be great to get a fix for that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want to provide an update. 

On the nightly version of Firefox the flickering has been fixed. 

Although the website domain does not seem to be getting passed to Enpass afterwards.... It never matches any of your logins you have manually search through the full list

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hey @Lox_

Thanks for writing in.

I have checked this with my team and found that the issue is caused by Firefox & Auto-fill framework miss-communication. Enpass is unable to identify the domain, so doesn't show the matching entry. Once the developer of the app sets up the domain or package name, Enpass will work as expected. 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Still unresolved. When can we expect a fix?

Firefox is quite popular. I believe it falls within your responsibility to communicate with Mozilla to the extent that this is necessary to enable usability of your app. Without autofill, Enpass is hardly usable at all.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...