Enpass Discussion Forum

What is the "Password of data?"

Captain_Eric

What is the "Password of data?" 

Is it my OneDrive password, my Enpass password or something else? 

I had to reset Windows 10 on my Surface Go. I now want to set up Enpass again. 

When I get to restoring Enpass data from OneDrive (after signing into Microsoft Account) it says I need to be enter my "Password of data," or something like that. 

Neither password for Microsoft nor Enpass work.

And candidly, I don't think I've saved another Enpass related password. (And with the recent OneDrive syncing problems, I know I got through this step somehow). 

How do I fix this? I'm a little worried. 

Eric

Edited by Captain_Eric
  • Like 1

Hi @Captain_Eric,

The password required is the Enpass master password. It is essentially the password with which Enpass encrypts file before a sync is set up on OneDrive account. If you're seeing the error - Password of data on OneDrive is required, then try entering the master password. 

If you still face the same issue on entering the password, let us know.

Hi, I just found this thread. I started getting the same error on my PCs and phone. I've entered the master password several times on each of the devices and get the same error. Thanks in advance for any help you can give since this prevents me from syncing over my devices.

Jim

Hi @Jim Brooks,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let us know are you able to access all your data on any device? If Yes, follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Take a manual backup of the data on all the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on all devices.
  • Remove the Enpass folders from OneDrive account.
  • Login to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on all the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

On 8/19/2020 at 7:44 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Captain_Eric,

The password required is the Enpass master password. It is essentially the password with which Enpass encrypts file before a sync is set up on OneDrive account. If you're seeing the error - Password of data on OneDrive is required, then try entering the master password. 

I'll try it. But not to point out the obvious, why don't you call it the "Enpass Master Password," for crying out loud. Save a lot of wasted time. 

Sorry to be grumpy, but.... 

On 8/19/2020 at 7:44 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Captain_Eric,

Entering the Enpass Master Password did not work (I actually pointed this out in my original post).

What do I need to do to fix this?

One point: previously, before my reset of Windows 10, I used the Enpass version from your webpage. Now, after the reset of Windows, I've installed the Enpass from the Microsoft Store. Is that part of the issue?

(Entirely a side note: Why you have two or more app versions, and the pros and cons of each is entirely lost one me. What's more, your naming conventions are inconsistent for your Enpass App versions and inconsistent in your forum topics, so I am lost in trying to figure it out on my own. A big waste of time.. So unless you tell me otherwise, with good clear reasons why, with precise references to your apps as they appear on your download page, making it simple for a simple man like me, then I switch to your app from the Microsoft Store. Fair?)

Standing by. 

Edited by Captain_Eric

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wat is het "wachtwoord van gegevens?"

Ik heb ook problemen. Ik heb een nieuwe mobiel en wil Enpass installeren en krijg bij inloggen wachtwoord van gegevens. Het synchroniseren met mijn andere apparaten werkt ook niet. Heb inmiddels ook bovenstaande lijstje afgewerkt maar synchronisatie werkt niet? Wat kan ik doen?

mvg Franc

Hey @Francie

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please follow the steps mentioned below and revert to us if the problem persists-

• Take a manual backup of the Enpass data on all the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on all devices that are synced with One-drive.
  • Remove the Enpass/Enpass 1 folders from One-drive account.
  • Re-set up the sync with One-drive(except new one) on all the devices and check.

After successfully completing the above steps, try to restore data on the new device using the same One-Drive account.

Hope this helps.

Hey @Francie

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which all devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • On which device, you are having this issue?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you still getting any error message or code during sync? If yes, share it with us.
  • Are you able to access all Enpass data on any of the devices?

Thanks!

hallo Garima,Het is een feit dat u zich geen zorgen hoeft te maken.

ik gebruik op de volgende apparaten Enpass:

telefoon Samsung S7 (oude toestel, ga ik niet meer gebruiken als Enpass op Samsung A71 gaat werken?) Deze heeft versie 6.5.2.404. Dit is ook het toestel met alle Enpass-gegevens. 

telefoon Samsung A71 (nieuw toestel) Heb de app geïnstalleerd ook versie 6.5.2.404 en verzoek gestart om bestaande te herstellen, maar zo gauw ik met Onedrive synchroniseer krijg ik de melding "Geef het wachtwoord van je gegevens" en deze ik weet niet.

Ipad met versie 6.5.1.483 synchroniseert niet met de onedrive ook met dezelfde melding.

Laptop met windows 10 Home versie 1909 en Enpass versie 6.5.0.700 synchroniseert ook niet met onedrive en geeft ook deze; fde melding.

Ik hoop dat jullie dit kunnen oplossen, het handig voor mij is dat Enpass op de nieuwe telefoon A71 gaat werken.

groet Franc 

Screenshot_20200924-190342_Enpass.jpg

Hey @Francie

The password required is the Enpass master password. It is essentially the password with which Enpass encrypts file before a sync is set up on One Drive account. If you still face the same issue on entering the password, follow the steps given ahead-

• Login to the cloud account on any desktop/laptop and delete all the Enpass/Enpass 1 folders from One-drive account.
  • Re-set up the sync with One-drive on old device(where you are able to access all data) and remember the password you use while setting up sync.
  • After successfully completing the above steps, set up sync again on all other devices(except new one).
  • Now try to restore data on new device(Samsung A71) using the same One-Drive account and password.

Let me know if you have any queries while doing so. Thanks!

Hallo Garima,

Voordat ik je proces uitvoer, wil ik nog wat verheldering m.b.t. het instellen van de synchronisatie en het wachtwoord onthouden. Dat is toch het huidige hoofdwachtwoord van Enpass dat ik nu gebruik. En dat wachtwoord hoef ik toch niet aan te passen voordat ik start met synchroniseren?

Edited by Francie
foute zinsconstructie

Hi @Francie,

Thanks for writing back in.

No, you don't have to change the password. Please follow the steps given below:

• Login to the cloud account on any desktop/laptop and delete all the Enpass/Enpass 1 folders from One-drive account.
  • Re-set up the sync with One-drive on old device(where you are able to access all data) and remember the password you use while setting up sync.
  • After successfully completing the above steps, set up sync again on all other devices(except new one).
  • Now try to restore data on new device(Samsung A71) using the same One-Drive account and password.

Let me know if you have any queries while doing so. Thanks!