Enpass Discussion Forum

Getting enpass to open chrome rather than firefox

abw

Hi

I'm running Linux mint latest edition. I've got Firefox installed as well as Google Chrome. Chrome is set as my default browser in my system settings.  Yet, any hyper link in Enpass that I have opens Firefox. How do I get Enpass to point to Chrome? Anyone?   Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 12/13/2020 at 6:10 PM, abw said:

Garima Singh, you should have been able to answer this question by now. All you need to know is that I use the latest linux mint. There is most probably a .config in enpass that dictates which browser will open on the links saved in enpass. Now please tell me how to accomplish this. 

Hi @abw

Please provide the details asked for by @Garima Singh and the Enpass team and forum members will attempt to answer your query.  The reason that posters are often asked for the details of their setup is that the software should be working as anticipated, and as it is not investigations need to be made as to why.  To do this the Enpass team may for instance set up a matching virtual environment to trouble shoot the problem, without input from the user with the problem makes it difficult to do this.  Please remember that it may not just be you that has a similar issue but other users who may not post to the forum. 

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am having the same issue. When I click on a link in EnPass, it opens Firefox instead of my default browser Chrome.

Chrome is set to be the default browser in settings. I double checked this by creating a hyperlink in a LibreOffice document, and the link opens Chrome as it should.

Enpass is the only application that is not opening the default browser.

The version of Enpass running on my machine is 6.6.0 (775).

Running Linux Mint 20.1

Further system details below:

System:    Kernel: 5.4.0-42-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6 
           wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal 

Machine:   Type: Laptop System: Lenovo G50-80