Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't restore passwords from OneDrive

Yoshie2000

I just downloaded the Android Enpass app, I've been using Enpass on my windows PC for a while now and I've synched the passwords with OneDrive.

When I try to restore the passwords from OneDrive in the Android app, I get redirected to a browser. I signed in using my Microsoft account and get directed back into the app. There I get the error message "Error while restoring the data. 0" (Original German error message: "Fehler beim Wiederherstellen der Daten. 0")

Does anyone know how to fix this? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A50 with Android 10 OneUI 2.0

@Yoshie2000

Welcome to Enpass forums!

Disconnect the sync in Enpass on all the devices. Make sure not to delete data from OneDrive account while disconnecting the sync. Once you disconnect the sync, delete all permissions for Enpass from the same OneDrive account after opening the page
Now, re-connect the sync on all devices and check if the problem resolves. If the issue persists, share the Enpass version you are using on each device.

• 2 months later...

I am having the same trouble - both with OneDrive and with Google Drive. With both, when I try to enter the appropriate password, I get the message: Error Incorrect Password. This only happens on the Enpass app on my Samsung S8+. My Gmail app works just fine, so the issue appears to be with the app. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Enpass app on my phone. I now not only have no access to the drives, but I have lost the data I entered manually on my phone. This is extrememely frustrating.

Garima,

In response to your question, I have Enpass installed on my laptop, PC, phone, and iPad. For the failure on my phone that I reported above, I was only able to get it working by uninstalling the app (risking my phone access to passwords) and reinstall. Following the reinstallation, my OneDrive Microsoft password was accepted just fine. I now find myself facing the same quandary on my PC. I enter the correct password, copied and emailed from my Enpass on my phone to my PC, in the Enpass on my PC, but receive the error message, "incorrect password." Please provide me with some guidance. 

Edited by AndreaW

Hi @AndreaW,

We regret the inconvenience. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Take a manual backup of the Enpass data on all the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on all devices that are synced with Onedrive.
  • Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on One-drive account.
  • Re-set up the sync with One-drive on all the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Thanks!