Enpass Discussion Forum

Cloud Sync Fails

texpete45

Last night I updated my Lumia 640 XL to 10.0.10586.420 and I wanted to make sure that it still worked with enpass. I tried to do a sync which failed so I uninstalled and re-installed. I still cannot sync or access any of my data stored on Dropbox. I also checked my Surface 3 tablet running 10586.318 and it can sync although it took a few tries. I tried on WiFi from the house and from a coffee shop so it's not a WiFi issue.

The message on my phone is: Not able to connect to Dropbox. Please check internet connectivity.

I can access the web, email, Facebook, Dropbox, Onedrive and every other web based service on my phone so WiFi is working just fine.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi @texpete45

Sorry for the trouble you're facing in syncing through Dropbox. Actually Dropbox has updated their SDK recently and old sdk is not working properly (seems odd, old sdk versions are supposed to be supported for long time). We have fixed the issue by updating Dropbox SDK in UWP Apps to its latest version and an update will be rolled out soon.  Please bear with us.

Cheers!

Thanks for the response. Based on what you said I switched over to Google drive and all is working well again. That's a good lesson for me; if I have trouble like this in the future try an alternative cloud provider. Just for the record I don't have a preferred cloud provider, I just started with Dropbox because it was common to iOS and Windows when I started with Enpass. Now I'm Windows only so Dropbox, Google or Onedrive are all good.

Thanks,

Pete