Enpass Discussion Forum

implement global autotype

intuxikated

can you implement global autotype?
it basically means that enpass simulates keypresses to log into any application, not just website
how this would work:
user opens app (e.x. steam)
user gets steam in focus and presses keycombo to trigger global autotype
enpass detects name of application or application title
enpass searches for matching entries,
if 1 match is found, simulate keypresses for login (in 95% of cases: {username}{tab}{password}{enter})
this keycombo can be made to be configurable ( for example skype, where you'd need {username}{enter}{wait 100ms}{password}{enter} )
if multiple matches are found, enpass displays a window, letting users select the correct entry, and then autotype the login info
if no matches are found, enpass pops up with a search field so users can search the correct entry to autofill
ofcource, in the last case, enpass will also ask to remember the application title for that entry

this is a feature i greatly miss in the current version of enpass, hopefully you can consider to implement this somewhere in the future.
and hopefully you can implement this in Linux as well (since that's the main OS i'm using atm, aside from sometimes Windows

kind regards,

intuxikated

• Like 4

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @intuxikated

Enpass 6 is in the development phase and we're working on adding the most requested and desirable features in it. But I can't assure you of any ETA on this.

Thanks for your understanding! 

• 1 year later...

Hey @Greengood,

Thanks for letting us know you would like to see support for "auto-type" . Significant user demand is a big factor that determines our priorities for new features. Due to frequently requested features like Website icons(coming soon) and catching up with newly released OS/Devices, the priority of the Auto-type feature went low. I'm really sorry to say that at the moment I can't assure you an ETA for the same. 

• 6 months later...

Dear all,

I'm working very often in VMs and Remote-Desktop environments where clipboards aren't working and therefore I´m using the auto-type feature of KeePass 2 frequently. It would be great to have a similar feature in Enpass! I prefer Enpass over Kee Pass 2 in many ways but the auto-type feature is a must-have for me.

Is there a way to vote for features on your roadmap?

Thank you and best regards,
Christof 

@Christof Luick

On 3/19/2020 at 8:07 PM, Christof Luick said:

I prefer Enpass over Kee Pass 2 in many ways but the auto-type feature is a must-have for me

Thanks for using Enpass and Welcome to the forums.

We appreciate your feedback and we've noted down the request for the auto-type feature in Enpass. We'll take your word to our internal team meetings and see if there's a possibility in the near future for such a feature in Enpass. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...