Enpass Discussion Forum

Synchonization password

Naj

Hi There,

This is my first time asking here a question. I''ll try to describe the issue i'm facing.

I have bought a new laptop recently and i installed the enpass App on it. After logging in successfully now i want to sync it with my cloud data and here is the issue. It asks for a password so that the Enpass application can synchronize the data between the cloud and the new installed application.

I entered several passwords that i have used in the past but i have never changed it so far i can remember. After several attempts, i do not know anymore how to synchronize between these two applications so that i have the same data on this new laptop as my other devices.

PS: this is not about my master password because i can log in successfully on the enpass password manager, it is the password that the password manager asks to sync the cloud with it.

I hope you guys could help me out with this.

Kind regards,

Naj

Hi @Pratyush Sharma,

Thanks! Down below, you'll see 2 screenshots i get when i try to sync my enpass database with my dropbox. On my mobile phones, it's working perfectly, however, on my both laptops it does not.

image.png.0bdc049ce80637e1fbb393861f4e3c50.png

image.thumb.png.4e2eda2a9464702cdec67476614d0581.png

I hope there is way to solve this issue because now i cannot sync the new added passwords with my other devices.

- Naj

Hi @Naj,

I assume you are entering the same master password (in the password field) that you used while setting up sync with the DropBox account.

To identify the problem: Is it possible for you to disconnect the sync on any one of the other devices(that are in sync with the same account), and re-connect the sync with the same password which you are trying to use in the new laptop? Note: It might break the sync on the other device if somehow the password you enter is an incorrect password.  

Hey @Naj

Sorry for the trouble you had.

Please follow these steps as mentioned below:

• Take the backup of Enpass data on all the devices and save it locally.
  • Now disconnect Sync from all your devices that are synced from your Drop-Box.
  • Open Dropbox in any Browser---> Go to App → Open Enpass folder → Select vault.enpassdbsync file → Rename it as oldvault.enpassbdsync
  • Reconnect your all devices from Dropbox.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/24/2020 at 12:50 PM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Naj

• Open Dropbox in any Browser---> Go to App → Open Enpass folder → Select vault.enpassdbsync file → Rename it as oldvault.enpassbdsync

Hope this helps!

Bonjour,

Merci pour l'explication; cela fonctionne correctement grâce à vos explications.

• 2 years later...

I have a similar issue as I noticed my iphone version of Enpass was no longer syncing with the desktop version. It doesnt matter which way I try to set up sync )dropbox, icloud, google drive etc) it always redirects me to the Enpass sign in screen (see screenshot)

image.png.a7b8f35104c67baf93c6519c7046f40c.png

When I try to enter my master password it always says its incorrect (see screenshot below). However I know it is not incorrect as the same password works when I use it on both the phone and desktop version of the app so I dont understand what is happening. I need help!

image.thumb.png.5566a8f6a5729ebf22afe26f6fb45cb4.png

Hi @Chewy007

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For quick troubleshooting, please try the below steps - 

1. I recommend checking this highly useful troubleshooting guide.
  2. Ensure that you are synchronizing with the correct cloud account. The cloud account from which you are trying to restore your data should be the same as the one you are using to synchronize your data on other devices.

You can also refer to the following Forum as the same is being discussed there -

If the above instructions do not help, kindly share the below details with me and I’ll get this investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using on your devices.
  2. Is the master password working on your other devices or are you accessing the Enpass app through biometrics/Face ID?
  3. The number of vaults you have in your Enpass app on your other devices.

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 6:50 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Naj

Hope this helps!

I am having the same trouble.

Enpass is not syncing across Dropbox for many months now.  iPad = 240 items. / iPhone = 235 items / iMac = 225 items

I have tried to “Disconnect” from Dropbox many times.  iPad & iPhone will not allow.  Nothing happens when I click Disconnect.

I have taken a Backup on device on all three.

Deleted Enpass on iPhone - Abhishek advised :  

1. Uninstall the Enpass app from Enpass Settings → Advanced → Erase everything.

I would now like to restore Enpass on the iPhone.

• 5 months later...

I have bought a new laptop recently and i installed the enpass App on it. After logging in successfully now i want to sync it with my cloud data and here is the issue. It asks for a password so that the Enpass application can synchronize the data between the cloud and the new installed application.

pikashow download

Edited by miller0qqq

Hi @miller0qqq

From your comments, I understand you have purchased a new device and wish to synchronize your Enpass data from an already existing device on which you are using Enpass? If that is true, please try the below steps -

Steps for your old device on which Enpass is already set up and running -

You can set up cloud sync on your device by going to - Setting’s → Vaults → Select the Vault for which you would like to setup sync → Setup Sync → Select the cloud → Continue.

Steps for your new/other devices -

On the welcome screen of the Enpass application on your device, choose Restore Existing -> Cloud account to which you synced the details above → Enter Vault password → Continue . All the passwords will be synced to your device.

Note - Please ensure that you are using the same cloud account for synchronizing your Enpass data.