Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync feature with OneDrive works improperly every time upgrade

Hi @Binh Truong,

I can feel your pain and sorry for all the trouble in re-enabling the sync on updating Enpass. Actually we are not able to produce it here in our labs and none of other customer or Beta subscriber has reported this issue. Once we have diagnosed the issue, we will let you know. For now, there are some queries for you:

1. What exactly happens? Are you not able to pull the changes from OneDrive (which has latest data) or you're not able to push the latest data from mobile to OneDrive (after making some changes on mobile)?
  2. Have you tried reinstalling Enpass? Please also try resetting the Enpass on OneDrive too (Delete OneDrive Folder there). DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A LOCAL BACKUP OF LATEST DATA ON PC.

Thinking the best for you,
Anshu

This also seems to be an issue for the latest Android release. On both my Nexus 6p and Nexus 9, sync works after clearing data for the app, but fails every time thereafter. It simply shows the spinning circle for as long as I let it. It works on my somewhat older Windows client if I close / reopen the app. For now, I just copy manually from box and restore, but this is a pain. 

14 hours ago, Da Kine said:

This also seems to be an issue for the latest Android release. On both my Nexus 6p and Nexus 9, sync works after clearing data for the app, but fails every time thereafter. It simply shows the spinning circle for as long as I let it. It works on my somewhat older Windows client if I close / reopen the app. For now, I just copy manually from box and restore, but this is a pain. 

I also have this problem on Android and Windows.

Edited by Tobias S.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @klee,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. We have tested your issue in our lab with multiple devices, but unable to reproduce it. To investigate it further please provide some more details as.

1. On which Android device and Android version are you using?
  2. Are you using two step verification in OneDrive?
  3. Log into your OneDrive account and look for the Enpass folder there (should be one Enpass folder there). Now inside that folder, check for the sync_default.walletx for the number of copies it has (should be one).
  4. Is your Date and Time settings set to Automatic on device ?

1. Device is Mate 8 and Android Version is 6.0

2. Not using 2 step on OneDrive

3. There is Enpass folder in OneDrive and it is being updated from PC. There is only one copy and it updates from PC often.

4. Date and Time is set to auto

Upon first install. Installed desktop, like the function of program added one pass/login to see sync function. Installed on phone and input onedrive password it synced. Inputed mutiple passes (less than 20) on PC and then viewed on phone to see if it updates, it did not update. The syncing dial kept rotating and no updates. Disconnected and reconnected ondrive account on android enpass but no updates. Installed OneDrive app on phone and made the sync_default.walletx always update on phone thinking maybe this will help. Uninstalled enpass and reinstalled enpass on android, it worked.

However, this morning I get error on android sync "Not able to connect to OneDrive. Please check Internet connectivity. Error Code:-113". Disconnect and reconnect Onedrive and it synced. Do I have to continous do the disconnect and reconnect? I am on Enpass 5.4.0 on Android.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Devs -

I have the same OneDrive issue, and it is very frustrating. 

The whole reason I have Enpass is to maintain sync across devices.  When stale data gets synced, it overwrites good data.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is running Android 6.0.1 and Enpass 5.4.0.

MS Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 running Enpass 5.3.0 and 5.3.0.1 had the same issues.

See screenshot from PC and phone attached.

2016-09-03 (2).png

phone_enpass.jpg

Hi @sikcol

On 3 September 2016 at 0:11 AM, sikcol said:

When stale data gets synced, it overwrites good data.

I have some more queries to understand it more clearly how your stale data is being dominant over new data.

• Is there any particular set of stale items those are never replaced with fresh ones? Did you try editing them again and if yes then was the attempt made from same device?
  • In the screenshots it seems that there is some significant difference in system time (last synchronized should be same). Please confirm. And if so, please try syncing again after setting the same time on both devices.
  • Have you ever updated any older Enpass database recently? Any old backup which you restored recently.

Cheers!