Enpass Discussion Forum

Real import from 1password

I would like to change for your software. i've tested importing from 1password. But no all entries neither attachements have been imported. I can not migrate or purchase until the fully real import goes on. Lot of posts here in the forum describe same problems. Have you a road map for full complete import data (including attachements ?) and all entries ?

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @deodorant

We fixed some of the issues related to importing data from 1Password in an update released a couple of months ago and I'm sorry to hear that you're still facing problems there. Please let me know the version of Enpass along with the platform details you're using it on. Also, please let me know in which format are you trying to import the data so that we can look into it further.

Currently Enpass doesn't support importing attachments but implementing this is already on our roadmap.  

Cheers! 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi!

I'd also be glad if the 1Password import could be fixed. I just tested the new beta which solved some of the import problems. However, attachments, the modification date and the password history are completely ignored. In addition, intelligent folders are converted to empty tags.

Patrick

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2018 at 11:58 AM, PatrickR said:

Hi!

I'd also be glad if the 1Password import could be fixed. I just tested the new beta which solved some of the import problems. However, attachments, the modification date and the password history are completely ignored. In addition, intelligent folders are converted to empty tags.

Patrick

The Enpass beta won't import the data.1pif from 1Password. I'm getting error -9998. So, for me, Enpass is completely unusable... 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to import from 1password and it gets zero records.

1password says I've exported 722 items.  The file is about 1000kb.

First when I try the import in Enpass it says "data.1pif" not present in selected folder.

So I've tried renaming the file to data.1pif, that error message goes away, but I get a new one that says "Nothing to Import"

First when I try the import in Enpass it says "data.1pif" not present in selected folder.

So I've tried renaming the file to data.1pif, that error message goes away, but I get a new one that says "Nothing to Import"

Hi All,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble in importing that data into Enpass. We are already working on improving the Import functionality and writing the import scripts from scratch to ensure that the users will have a smooth onboard experience. The new imports will be available in the upcoming update v6.1. Till then I appreciate your patience and co-operation.

Hi @zimmer62

On 4/11/2019 at 3:17 AM, zimmer62 said:

Sorry to hear that. We need the following information from you so that we can get it checked for you.

• Version of 1Password and its default language.
  • Version of Enpass you are using.
  • The platform your device is running on.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Could you please give me a brief update on the 1Password import, especially it is actually being worked on. As far as I can see the recent password history, the date of the last password change and the group headers are not imported.

PatrickR

• 1 year later...
On 4/12/2019 at 7:18 AM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi All,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble in importing that data into Enpass. We are already working on improving the Import functionality and writing the import scripts from scratch to ensure that the users will have a smooth onboard experience. The new imports will be available in the upcoming update v6.1. Till then I appreciate your patience and co-operation.

Hey Vikram!

Just tested the current beta (6.4.2, build 667) and the import still seems to be broken. Custom categories are ignored, the password history is gone and the last changed date is set to the import one. Are those issues still being worked on?

Patrick

15 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @PatrickR,

Thanks for writing in.

We are working to solve the import issues. An updated version will be available soon where we have made some changes. Please try the latest version of Enpass and share the feedback with us.

Hi Pratyush,

since this announcement has been made before: Which of the exact issues I mentioned in my post are worked on?

Patrick

@PatrickR

Sorry for the delayed response. We want to inform you that 1Password has recently changed its export template, and the CSV import is not a recommended option as it doesn't export all details. We suggest you try exporting in the PIF format.

Also, the improvements/changes made with import functionality in Enpass are:

Password history and create time: We have already fixed this issue, please try to import data and let us know if you can check the item create time and password history.

Custom categories: We are still working on this issue and will update you once the problem fixes.

Hello @Kashish

13 minutes ago, Kashish said:

@PatrickR

Sorry for the delayed response. We want to inform you that 1Password has recently changed its export template, and the CSV import is not a recommended option as it doesn't export all details. We suggest you try exporting in the PIF format.

I always used the PIF format.

13 minutes ago, Kashish said:

Password history and create time: We have already fixed this issue, please try to import data and let us know if you can check the item create time and password history.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:51 AM, PatrickR said:

Just tested the current beta (6.4.2, build 667) and the import still seems to be broken. Custom categories are ignored, the password history is gone and the last changed date is set to the import one.

Could you please verify that the history was fixed in the last 14 days? Which exact build did this happen?

Patrick

Edited by PatrickR

@PatrickR

This issue was fixed in the version 6.4.0 itself. We had tested by importing 1Password data in the 1pif format. It's strange to know that it didn't work for you in the later version 6.4.2. Could you first update Enpass to the latest version and then try the import from 1Password again to verify if the problem persists?

44 minutes ago, Kashish said:

@PatrickR

This issue was fixed in the version 6.4.0 itself. We had tested by importing 1Password data in the 1pif format. It's strange to know that it didn't work for you in the later version 6.4.2. Could you first update Enpass to the latest version and then try the import from 1Password again to verify if the problem persists?

Dear @Kashish,

as I wrote twice now, I already tested it with 6.4.2 beta build 667 which is still latest according to your page. I don't think that the bug will solve itself without any developer intervention.

In addition, I purchased Enpass almost two(!) years ago assuming that the 1Password import would be in your company's interest and fixed quickly. So please let me kindly request that the issue is looked into by Enpass staff rather than customers.

Feel free to come back to me when it's finally done.

Patrick

Hey @PatrickR

Thanks for the patience.

Our QA team has found the issue and forwarded it to the Dev team towards a fix. Hopefully,  an updated version with the fixes will be available soon. Please stay tuned for the new update and let us know if the problem still persists after the updated version.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 1 month later...

Hello Enpass-Team,

I am a new Enpass-User. I am trying to switch from 1Password to Enpass. But Enpass didn't recognize the exportet 1pif- File from 1Password. My Enpass Version is 6.5.0 (700), my 1Password Version is  4.6.2.626. OS: Windows 10. Neither csv or 1pif import works.

Any help would really be appreciated.

JoGraf