Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass has stopped Working Error

EImmerman

I just discovered today, that even though I see the error message of Enpass has stopped working, that the application is still running.  I can open up Enpass with the notification icon, enter my password, examine and view saved passwords and even get Enpass to open up a link in the password link.  So that implies the application hasn't totally crashed but is in some other state.  Of course once I click OK on the dialog box, Enpass is closed.

Just to report that I am seeing the same issue as well. I have the most recent version of everything - that is Windows 10 Pro, the Enpass Password Manager, synced to OneDrive, using the Edge browser extension etc.. 

I don't use Chrome/Firefox.

I'm having the same issue no, started a couple days ago. Noticed the error when I turned the computer on from sleep, hibernate or restart. Then noticed it happening when there was any kind of network change, disabling VPN for example. This never happened before a couple days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any update on this? I see this issue has been happening since December and is still there. I have the same issue with both of my Windows 10 laptops. Every time I restart my latop i will get the error and Enpass will need to be restarted and then it will be ok but if for some reason I restart my laptop then it will fail again.

• Are you using the machine with multiple users? No
  • Which cloud services are you using to sync? OneDrive
  • Are you using both the versions of Enpass? Only 1 version 5.6.6
  • Have you imported the data from any other software? No

Lately, it has started to failed more often. I really hope you can find a solution as i really enjoy Enpass but it has started to be annoying this error.

I have a problem with crash app with "Unexpected Error: Enpass has stopped working because of some unexpected error" in start of Enpass. Win10.

Portable and Android versions is working. In the desktop I have crash anyway, with/without internet. Two days ago Enpass worked good.

Help me?

Edited by Jahspear

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, ABKsDad said:

I just discovered today, that even though I see the error message of Enpass has stopped working, that the application is still running.  I can open up Enpass with the notification icon, enter my password, examine and view saved passwords and even get Enpass to open up a link in the password link.  So that implies the application hasn't totally crashed but is in some other state.  Of course once I click OK on the dialog box, Enpass is closed.

I'm having the exact same issue.  Let me guess, Enpass Helper becomes unusable after waking from sleep?  The icon is still visible in the system tray but is seized and using the browser extension acts as if the helper isn't loaded.  

I've tried every possible combination of boot scenarios to rule out conflicts with the only possible culprit being enpass helper having the problem.  

I also have a Surface Pro 3 that is having a different problem with the Enpass helper; upon boot or trying to launch enpass helper, I get Windows stop message: C:\Program FIles..BLAH BLAH Enpass.exe An invalid name request was made. The name requested cannot be retrieved at this time.

At least on my desktop machine, a reboot will get me going again, but on my Surface Pro 3 Enpass extensions are unusable which makes more steps needed to use Enpass.  Please advise how I can fix these issues or refund my $20 I've spent across several devices to use Enpass instead of others.

Thank you.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Pete said:

I'm having the same issue no, started a couple days ago. Noticed the error when I turned the computer on from sleep, hibernate or restart. Then noticed it happening when there was any kind of network change, disabling VPN for example. This never happened before a couple days ago.

Did you ever get a response from anyone about this? I've even re-installed windows and with only Enpass installed, put to sleep and awake from sleep, enpass is locked up. You are correct, I guess they don't care.  

• 2 months later...

Hey, I started getting this issue using the Windows Store version of Enpass (1803 here). I was able to 'fix' the problem by uninstalling the Windows Store version and installing the Traditional Win32 version.

• Single user
  • Using Dropbox for sync
  • Problem only when using the (fully updated as of 2018/05/30) Windows Store version. Also syncing with Android client.
  • Long, long ago I imported from LastPass via CSV

Hope this helps track down whatever is going on after these months.

• 2 weeks later...