Enpass Discussion Forum

Not staying unlocked even after Auto-Locking Settings

Matis

• 1 year later...

I found this thread when searching for the same problem: I’m tired of Enpass on iOS and iPadOS not respecting the Lock After Leaving setting. Specifically, when the setting is set to OFF, the app still locks immediately upon switching to and back from another app. This is highly frustrating, as is seeing that this threat has gone unanswered for a year now.

Edited by MarcS
Duplicate posts > 2 separate posts

I wonder if this bug is not related to the fact that the app “blanks out” the moment you switch to another app and appears so when you browse all your open apps. This is a security option in some apps and is, frankly, useless. There does not appear to be a setting in Enpass to turn that on or off, as in certain other apps. You need to provide a setting to turn that off, too.)

Edited by MarcS
Duplicate posts > 2 separate posts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having what I think is the same problem on my iPad mini. If I unlock Enpass, then try to use it to enter password information on some app, the blue window to enter the Enpass master password is shown. I have tried using the split screen so that both apps (Enpass and the app that needs the login info), are open and visible and that doesn't help. The security settings don't make a difference. It's extremely tedious to enter the master password on an iPad mini, so I don't want to do it more than should be needed. After I enter the master password yet another time, the login works as it should.

I am using the free version of Enpass but had (past tense) planned to get a paid version because I really like the program. With this flaw, I will wait or skip it altogether. Please fix this.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EnpassQuestions said:

It's extremely tedious to enter the master password on an iPad mini

This doesn’t solve the main problem which is the topic of this thread, but if your device doesn’t have FaceID (which is the quickest way to unlock Enpass) you can try to set up the PIN unlock option in Enpass Security Settings, which you might find a faster way to unlock than typing the full password. 

Edited by MarcS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Attached are my settings on my iPad running iOS 15(not that it was different last 1.5 years on any iOS software)

so why do I have to enter my pin AND again go to where I was even 5 sec later?  I’ve complained to support but they offered nothing of any value.  Am I missing something here or is it never going to work with my iPad?  It’s fine on Mac.  Not sure on iPhone.  This is what I use it for, on the iPad, more than 50% of the time and so frustrating.

007FC3EA-5491-4D5A-9637-C241EE69014B.jpeg

ED94AD3C-2453-414A-B456-E44096B12E9A.jpeg

Hi @JASJ,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

I would like to share that these settings are applicable till Enpass app is alive in background. If you remove the app from background by swiping away from tasklist/recentlist, or iOS kill it to free the resources, the app is no longer alive. The next launch will be fresh launch and master password will be needed. 

This is not an issue of Enpass, iOS closes the Enpass due to memory and processor utilization and our team is unable to reproduce this issue and still looking into it.
Also, I have added your feedback and it has been forwarded to the concerned team for further investigation.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

#SI-1959

• 2 weeks later...

I played with this feature as it is so anoying. Here what I figured out:

If you switch ON "Lock after Leaving" and switch it OFF again, than it does what it is supposed to do.
So there seams to be an issue with keeping the setting or with the initial setting.
But at least this is a possibility to get is working.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:26 AM, Matis said:

If you switch ON "Lock after Leaving" and switch it OFF again, than it does what it is supposed to do.

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work for me (Enpass 6.7.1 on iOS 15.3): I still have to unlock (I use FaceID) each time in short succession when filling username and password fields. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator changed the title to Not staying unlocked even after Auto-Locking Settings

Hi @all,

I would like to inform you that this issue has been reproduced on our end, and as per the information shared by our development team, it will be fixed in the future updates of Enpass. As soon as I have any updates regarding the same, I will post them on this forum. In the meantime, we appreciate your co-operation and support.  

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Still not fixed! You still have to login everytime you want to use Enpass not matter which inactivity timer you have set.

It should also for login activities.

I'm not even sure why I'm still writing things here, how can issues be open for yours and beeing totally ignored?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, should‘t it be a basic function to do what is selected in the settings?

It does totally ignore the setting to lock after x Min. You have to login with each and every usage of Enpass in any application or webpage. This is really very disappointing, especially that it does not get fixed after years.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:30 AM, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @JASJ,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

I would like to share that these settings are applicable till Enpass app is alive in background. If you remove the app from background by swiping away from tasklist/recentlist, or iOS kill it to free the resources, the app is no longer alive. The next launch will be fresh launch and master password will be needed. 

This is not an issue of Enpass, iOS closes the Enpass due to memory and processor utilization and our team is unable to reproduce this issue and still looking into it.
Also, I have added your feedback and it has been forwarded to the concerned team for further investigation.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

#SI-1959

The usage of Enpass UI itself ist not the problem. It is the usage of a password that requires a new log in all the time, even within the specified timeout in settings.