Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Connection Error: Edge Extension

I installed the new Enpass browser extension for Microsoft Edge. I also installed the latest Enpass 32-bit desktop app and selected "Enable browser extensions" in settings. Unfortunately, I continue to get the Enpass Connection Error (see screenshots). I see this issue was addressed in earlier posts for Chrome and Firefox. Hopefully we can now resolve it for Edge.

• Windows 10 Pro: 1709 16299.19 (FCU)
  • Microsoft Edge: 41.16299.15.0
  • Enpass desktop app: 5.6.0
  • Enpass extension: 5.5.1

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Uninstall/reinstall Enpass browser extension for Microsoft Edge
  • Close/reopen Microsoft Edge browser and Enpass desktop app
  • Uncheck/recheck "Enable browser extensions"

Enpass Capture.PNG

Enpass Capture-2.PNG

Edited by mikeg

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @mikeg

It seems that you're using a different version of the app that doesn't support the Edge Extension. So please download the Enpass Password Manager 5.6.2 (Bridge App) from the Windows Store and let me know if you still face the same problem. Also, please have a look at our page describing which versions to use for different extensions.

Cheers!

The Edge extension is working now, thanks. Nice to finally have this extension. Enpass is back to being my favorite password mgr. 

Actually, I already had Enpass Password Manager 5.6.2 (Bridge App) installed. But the ver. 5.6.0 UWP app plus another older version were also installed and interfered with the extension. I cleaned up the mess manually. Please consider adding a prompt to optionally clean up (remove) other versions of the desktop app during install of the new bridge app. 

I'm having the same symptoms as described above in using the Edge extension, on 2 different PC's. Enpass usually gives no response when clicked, and eventually shows the "connection error" screen. Sometimes (and I haven't deduced the pattern yet), it works normally!

Both PC's are set up as:

• Windows 10 Pro: 1709 16299.19 (FCU)
  • Microsoft Edge: 41.16299.15.0
  • Enpass desktop app: 5.6.2 (Windows Store bridge app)
  • Enpass extension: 5.5.1
  • No Enpass 32-bit nor UWP app installed

The Chrome Enpass extension works perfectly, from the start, so I have that option. But I'm eager to try using Edge, and must have Enpass available to do that.  Any ideas?

BTW, I'm a big fan of Enpass, and recommend it to everyone who asks. After years of using Lastpass, I find Enpass refreshing - works reliably on almost all platforms, has an intuitive interface, and is affordable.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I just installed today the latest desktop version 5.6.2 and the EDGE extension 5.5.1 both from the Microsoft Store, and I am getting randomly the same "Connection Error" message, I have read the thread and configured everything as suggested, please could you advise what else should I be doing? Thanks  

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @brosenz

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're going through.

Can you please let me know, when exactly does this happen? I mean, when you follow some specific steps or just randomly. Also, please make sure that the main Enpass app is running in the background when you're using the extension.

Your cooperation is appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Akash Vyas said:

Hey @brosenz

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're going through.

Can you please let me know, when exactly does this happen? I mean, when you follow some specific steps or just randomly. Also, please make sure that the main Enpass app is running in the background when you're using the extension.

Your cooperation is appreciated. 

It is kind of random, it is hard to define a set of steps, I would say it is kind of time out, it happens when I haven't used the extension for a while, I hope this information helps