Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass app can't open

hudsonh

I have been using enpass since the summer but now I can't even open the app. When I try to run it a dialog box pops up telling me it can't open and to go to the  windows store. When I go to the store everything seems normal but nothing happens when I click the launch button. I have attached a screenshot of what is happening.

Screenshot 2020-10-05 232807.jpg

Hey @hudsonh

Welcome to the forum!

Try opening Enpass from the Start Menu on the system rather than the MS Store. See if there's any difference. Additionally, run command wsreset in the command prompt(cmd) to clear Windows Store cache and try to launch Enpass. If you still see an error, follow the below steps:

1. Take a backup of Enpass data present in the directory
    C:\Users\[username]\AppData(HiddenFolder)\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_fwdy0m65qb6h2\LocalState\
  2. After backup, try reinstalling the app from Store.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @hudsonh

Welcome to the forum!

Try opening Enpass from the Start Menu on the system rather than the MS Store. See if there's any difference. Additionally, run command wsreset in the command prompt(cmd) to clear Windows Store cache and try to launch Enpass. If you still see an error, follow the below steps:

1. Take a backup of Enpass data present in the directory
    C:\Users\[username]\AppData(HiddenFolder)\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_fwdy0m65qb6h2\LocalState\
  2. After backup, try reinstalling the app from Store.

Thanks!

The wsreset command worked. Thanks!

• Thanks 1