Enpass Discussion Forum

I forgot Masterpassword Mac Desktop App. Best practice to recover data? Thank you.

Leandro73

Hello, I forgot my Masterpassword Mac Desktop App (right after I changed it), so I understand I have no way back in to the Mac App.

Luckily I also use Premium version in iPhone and iPad and I still have access in iOS devices using old Masterpassword. From my iPhone / iPad I can create a 2nd Vault and export that data.

1) Please, I would like what is the best practice to set again Enpass Mac Desktop App (with info I can export from a 2nd Vault created in my iPhone / iPad) and from the newly set Enpass Mac Desktop app sync to my other devices. 

2) When I tried to export data (as a test) from my iOS device to the newly installed Enpass Mac Desktop App, it only allows me to do it without using a key file that I previously had (with key file, when I tried to import from that backup in my Enpass Mac Desktop App, it wouldn’t recognize the Password, but if I try to export from 2 Vault without key file, backup works fine in my Enpass Mac Desktop App.  I would like to export data from 2nd Vault (I can create in my iOS device) using a key file. Thank you.

Thank you for reading me and for your help. 

Edited by Leandro73

On 10/9/2020 at 2:51 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Leandro73

Sorry to inform you that there is no way to recover your master password. However, we have one solution for you as you are able to access Enpass data on iOS devices. To know more, please have a look at this forum post. You can set up keyfile after doing so.

Hope this helps!

On 10/9/2020 at 2:51 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Leandro73

Sorry to inform you that there is no way to recover your master password. However, we have one solution for you as you are able to access Enpass data on iOS devices. To know more, please have a look at this forum post. You can set up keyfile after doing so.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!.

• Like 1