Enpass Discussion Forum

Multiple vaults sync issues

llutjens

Hi,

I have two macs and I want to share a secondary vault between them with different sync accounts. I've managed to set up the two vaults but when I try to sync the secondary vault on the other mac, Enpass crashes (version 6.5.2). I've tried different sync accounts (drive, dropbox) but to no avail.

Any thoughts on the issue?

Hey @llutjens

Welcome to the forum!

To sync/restore your Enpass database so that you can access and edit the same database saved in Enpass on your 2 devices, follow the steps mentioned below-

1. Open Enpass on your macOS device1 and go to Enpass settings --> Click on 'Vaults' --> Select the vault---> Select ‘Set up Sync’ and choose a cloud account to your database.
  2. Enter your cloud account details, follow the instructions, and wait till the sync is done.
  3. Open Enpass on your macOS Device2--> Click on Restore from the particular cloud with which you have synced in step1 --> Login the cloud account--> Click on Continue --> Enter the master password (same you using on macOS device1)--> Tap on 'Continue'.
  4. Once this is done, the database from your macOS Device1 will be restored on your macOS device2.

Also, you can refer to this FAQ. Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks!

On 10/28/2020 at 2:13 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @DanRook,

Unfortunately, from your comment, we could not quite understand what problem you are facing. Please share some more details so that we can assist you better. A screenshot, if possible would be great.

Sorry @Pratyush Sharma I was not clear. 

I've installed Enpass for MacOs Catalina form the Apple Appstore and synced with Dropbox my personal vault (everything is OK with that).

Then I tried to add my work vault synced with GDrive, the link on the browser opens correctly but when I accept notification on the browser to open Enpass the Enpass App freezes and I have to force quit.

I've already tried many variations of the process.

1. I've synced first my work vault (with GDrive) and Enpass also freezes on the process of adding a second vault.

2. I've tried with another browser (Chrome, Safari and Opera)

3.  I've tried reinstalling Enpass many times

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:47 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @DanRook,

Please let us know if you see the crash dialog on the next restart? If yes, try restarting the app and then share the crash report which appears. We would recommend you to put this forum post link or the issue in the report's description, it will be helpful for us to identify the issue. Thanks!

Please give me an email address where i can send you an email with a link to a screen recording. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a similar issue:

- my first vault synced with main iCloud account is ok
- second vault synced with another iCloud account, or new created, show spinning wheel and Enpass hang

This happens on my new MacBook Air with M1, before it was ok on a MacBook Pro with Intel i7.
I also started with a clean install, but always spinnig wheel...

Thanks!

P.S. I have crash report but I can't attach here ....

lock.png

Hi @FabriZ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let us know if you see the crash dialog on the next restart? If yes, try restarting the app and then share the crash report which appears. We would recommend you to put this forum post link or the issue in the report's description, it will be helpful for us to identify the issue. Thanks!