Enpass Discussion Forum

Touch ID not working properly

Tranel

Hi

I cannot make a video but I have some pictures. After a restart of my Macbook Enpass opens up and I can unlock it with Touch ID. Every time I sent my Macbook to sleep and I open up it again, Enpass is asking for the master password. There is no option to use Touch ID. As you can see on the picture.

Guido

in use.jpeg

Settings.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was testing this fix and something very strange/scary just happened: I upgraded, reopened Enpass (it asked me for the password) and made sure everything looked OK. I then put the the laptop to sleep and woke it up after an hour or so. When I logged back in, I was able to reopen Enpass, but my vault appeared completely empty. NOTHING WAS THERE!

Restarting the app fixed the issue, my entries show up again. But of course, that defeats the fix, as I had to enter the master password after restarting the app.

I just reproduced the problem. There seems to be a serious bug there. If my Mac goes to sleep for an hour or more, when I try to access Enpass, I can unlock using my fingerprint, bu the vault appears completely empty. See attached screen shot.

Quitting Enpass and restarting it fixes the issue.

image_2021-02-08_141127.png

On 2/8/2021 at 3:08 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi All,

Thanks for the patience.

Our team has fixed similar issues in the v6.6 of Enpass. Please update the app and let us know if the issue still persists.

Hello, Enpass team. Were you able to reproduce this "vault appears empty after a fingerprint unlock" problem? I have to deal with this several times a day (and a couple of crashes as well); it's super easy for me to reproduce if you need help with that. Thanks.