Enpass Discussion Forum

Need help upgrading from Enpass 5.5.6 to 5.6.0

Tom Wilson

I'm running the 64-bit version of Fedora 26.  I currently have Enpass 5.5.6 installed.  My default browser is Firefox (version 57).  I downloaded the new Enpass plugin for Firefox this morning.

The next thing (that I think) I need to do is to upgrade Enpass to version 5.6.0.  Enpass is currently installed in the "/opt/Enpass" directory.

How can I get Enpass to update itself?  Or alternatively, how can I do it "manually"?  Thanks for your help.  (Let me know if you need more information to help me.)  --Tom

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Tom Wilson

Thanks for stopping by and writing in. 

Please follow these steps to update Enpass on your system:

1. Go to Enpass folder.
  2. Open the Enpass Maintenance tool.
  3. Launch the EnpassMaintenanceTool.
  4. Select the Update Components.
  5. Click on the "Next" button and follow the instructions

Hope this helps!

As requested, I did send an email with some screenshots a few hours ago.  I may have sent the email twice (by accident), or not at all.  I was a bit confused by the lack of an outbox and a "sent folder."

Let me know if you didn't get them or if I can supply more information.  Thank you.  --Tom

So at this point, I'm thinking that the Enpass Maintenance Tool is part of the problem.

I'm considering deleting the /opt/Enpass directory and installing version 5.6.0 from your download page.

Is there a reason why this shouldn't work?  Should I save anything before I try this?  I'm hoping to preserve my Master Password and my 50+ url/passwords.