Enpass Discussion Forum

Memory leak on first launch

random42

Hi, I have a Pop OS system (basically Ubuntu) 20.10, fully updated and upgraded. I've installed Enpass correctly but at launch it starts leaking memory, going to 1 GB in less than 5 seconds, and I have to kill the process before my system completely freezes when it reaches full RAM capacity. I've tried both stable version 6.4 and beta 6.5. The GUI does not show up by the way. Hope to find a solution here :)

Edited by random42

That's interesting, usually it'll use maybe under 75mb or so without including the various shared libraries. Was this a 20.04 -> 20.10 upgrade, and have you tried re-installing Enpass? 

If you're able, when you start Enpass, check the memory usage:

Get the process ID:

ps -o pid,user,%mem,command ax | sort -b -k3 -r | grep enpass

Then use the resulting process ID:

sudo pmap <processID> | head -n2

Or if possible use the System Monitor app to grab the Enpass app's memory usage:

enpass.png

Edited by genbushi

That's interesting, usually it'll use maybe under 75mb or so without including the various shared libraries. Was this a 20.04 -> 20.10 upgrade, and have you tried re-installing Enpass? 

Yes, I upgraded from 20.04 to 20.10, and then installed enpass.

If you're able, when you start Enpass, check the memory usage

I watched the process through the system monitor: it quickly goes to 700 Mb and if I let it run for more than 20 seconds my system freezes because it eats my full 16 Gb of RAM.

Hey @random42

Thanks for writing in.

We have found the problem and are now planning for the fix for it. However, the latest version 20.10 is an interim release, please wait for the stable version and then share your findings with us as Enpass is working fine with the previous stable versions of Ubuntu(i.e 20.04, 18.04 and 16.04).

Thanks!