Enpass Discussion Forum

enpass extension only works with enpass desktop software

tom76

Hello,

I like the enpass uwp especially the option to sign in with windows hello (one thing is that for first time login you still have to type in the password...). However, to use the browser extension (in my case for opera) I also have to open the enpass desktop software otherwise I get the enpass connection error in the extension. Is it not possible to only use the UWP app?

thanks

Hi, same here. It doesn't feel right to have different features on different applications for the same platform. On one side you have the Enpass desktop app, which is free and it has browser extension support, as the taskbar icon. But it doesn't have TOTP support. And on the other side, you have the paid UWP app which has a streamlined UI, and TOTP support, but no browser extension support nor the small widget icon in the taskbar.

I don't know why there's that feature gap, but I don't want to have two different apps installed and open each one of them every time I want to use a different feature.

Is there a current or an upcoming solution to this issue?

Thanks.

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The Current UWP App doesn't support the external browser extensions due to sandbox restrictions and unavailability of required APIs to communicate with third party Apps. So to use browser extensions you have to stick with the traditional Windows PC App, at least for now.

@iuri,

I would like to let you know that TOTP support for Windows desktop is already available. For more details please refer user manual link here.

• 2 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The Current UWP App doesn't support the external browser extensions due to sandbox restrictions and unavailability of required APIs to communicate with third party Apps. So to use browser extensions you have to stick with the traditional Windows PC App, at least for now.

@iuri,

I would like to let you know that TOTP support for Windows desktop is already available. For more details please refer user manual link here.

I understand that the Enpass extension cannot communicate with the Enpass UWP due to Windows API restrictions. Is there a way for the Enpass extension to connect and sync  to Onedrive directly without the reliance on an external app (Just like the Lastpass extension connects and syncs to its own servers)?

21 minutes ago, Anshu kumar said:

HI @Ronit,

We have already given it a thought. The problem is that Edge extension can only run javascript, no native code support yet. SQLCipher, the opensource encryption engine used by Enpass, is a native library only. So, we won't be able to decrypt the Enpass data fetched from OneDrive.

Thanks, so the only way out is to wait for MS to allow integration between extensions and the UWP app? Do we know whether MS has this planned and is in their pipeline?