Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass says Dropbox password is wrong — it's not

100 Watt Walrus

Suddenly yesterday afternoon, Enpass refused to sync with Dropbox. Enpass says the Dropbox password is wrong, but it's not.

I logged into Dropbox.com using the same password, no problem at all.

So in Enpass, I disconnected from the Dropbox account, then went through Set Up Sync" again, and that went just fine, but when I get back to Enpass, it still says "Sync error. Password of data on Dropbox is required."

I click "Resolve now," it asks be for the password, I enter the exact same password as I entered on Dropbox.com, and...it just cycles me back to the same error.

So...what now?

Enpass Beta 6.5.0 (701)
MacBook Pro 2012 running 10.13.6

I cannot update to Beta 6.5.1.721 because of this ongoing problem that has not been resolved.

100 Watt Walrus - I use Windows rather than Mac and Enpass 6.51 (723) and I also sync with Dropbox. I had a similar issue some time ago and found if I logged in to my Dropbox account and disconnected Enpass from the Connected Apps menu, I was then able to set up Dropbox again in Epass and stay logged in. You may have already done this, but thought it worth mentioning. 

22 hours ago, Thoughts? said:

100 Watt Walrus - I use Windows rather than Mac and Enpass 6.51 (723) and I also sync with Dropbox. I had a similar issue some time ago and found if I logged in to my Dropbox account and disconnected Enpass from the Connected Apps menu, I was then able to set up Dropbox again in Epass and stay logged in. You may have already done this, but thought it worth mentioning. 

Thanks for the suggestion. That's kind-of what I ended up doing, but a longer way around. I'm back to syncing now. Cheers.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem as 100Watt Walrus but can't solve it using the suggestion by Thoughts?. Enpass is on my iMac and iPhone and syncs with Dropbox. On both devices, Enpass says the "password of data" on Dropbox is incorrect. Does this mean my password for all of Dropbox or is there a password just for Enpass data on Dropbox? I disconnected Enpass from Dropbox on both devices and tried to reconnect but got the same password error. I changed my password for all of Dropbox and entered that into Enpass and it still says the password is incorrect. So now I can't backup my Enpass data to Dropbox and cannot sync my devices.

Hi @ASh,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let us know are you able to access all your data on any device? If yes, follow these steps as mentioned below to restore the sync:

• Disconnect Sync from all devices.
  • Open Dropbox on any browser->Go to App -> Enpass folder -> Vault.enpassdbsync -> Rename it as Old vault.enpassdbsync.
  • Now open Enpass and enable Sync on all devices.

Hope this helps!

On 12/21/2020 at 7:33 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @ASh,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let us know are you able to access all your data on any device? If yes, follow these steps as mentioned below to restore the sync:

• Open Dropbox on any browser->Go to App -> Enpass folder -> Vault.enpassdbsync -> Rename it as Old vault.enpassdbsync.

Hope this helps!

hi.

i've the same issue, since... today?

and, YES, your advice was correct. issue resolved.

Edited by re.mu.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 204401 Errorcode today.. i didnt do anything with my dropbox password.. now it dosent sync anymore.

I use enpass on Windows

and 3 Samsung phones and 1 Tablet

and this advice didnt help at all

• Open Dropbox on any browser->Go to App -> Enpass folder -> Vault.enpassdbsync -> Rename it as Old vault.enpassdbsync.

I have tried all proposed solutions above and still cannot sync to dropbox with this windows 10 PC, even though I can sync with an another win 10 PC and with my Android phone.

I tried reinstalling, upgrading, disconnecting other devices, renaming vault file in dropbox... NOTHING WORKS!!  I get a request to link to dropbox and then 'wrong password' that I know is correct.  I have latest version of enpass and win 10.  I spent hours trying different things... Nothing Works!

Does anyone have any other solution???  How do we get enpass to fix this recurring problem???

I turned Kapersky firewall off.

Hey @LGABRIELSE@VERIZON.NET

Welcome to the forum!

Please follow the below steps to troubleshoot this issue and let us know if this doesn't work-

1. Take a backup of your Enpass database on Windows 10 device via File > Backup All Vaults.
  2. Disconnect Sync from Dropbox on all 3 devices.
  3. Login into Dropbox account on Windows 10 desktop browser.  Navigate to Apps Folder -> Enpass folder -> Vault.enpassdbsync -> Delete all files.
  4. Now open Enpass on Windows 10 device and enable Sync from Dropbox. Wait till the sync is configured successfully.
  5. Enable Dropbox sync on all other devices.

Hi Garima Singh

Thank you for responding.  I tried this as instructed, but this did not solve the problem.

I have 2 win 10 devices, A - my previous main PC and B - my newest PC.  I was using enpass on both of them successfully for almost a year until this week.

A works fine, but  B stopped with the 'incorrect password' error . 

I carried out the instructions  above on A ( I also disconnected my android), then started B again and still 'incorrect password'.  I went to task manager and stopped enpass and tried again, but same problem.  I repeated deleting dropbox file using pc B, but I don't have a backup in B so when I tried again it could not find a file to download. 

So, I am still stuck.  (would it help to copy the backup from A to B, if I can find the file?)

Your help is appreciated.  Len

Also, I inadvertently put my email as user name.  I would appreciate it if that were changed to 'Len' or 'LenGab' or something similar.

Hi Again,

:D  It seems I have resolved the problem. :D

After I ended the enpass task in task manager, I started again, but this time I started as a new user, and entered my email address (possibly a different one before) and connected to the dropbox and **** ' it connected without a password'*****.  I don't recall exactly each step as a new user, but I just followed the prompts, and somewhere selected 'registered user'.

In hopes this may help someone else....   Len

• Like 1