Enpass Discussion Forum

Touch ID isn't enabled on this device

dcylyj

On 12/7/2020 at 3:55 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Andreia @Mr. Query @DocSnyd3r @dcylyj,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let us know which Enpass version are you using so we can further investigate. Also, check if touch id is enabled from system preferences -> Touch ID.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hi,

so touch id is enabled since it works with other apps. All Touch ID perference items are checked.

The Version is 6.5.2 (726).

4 hours ago, Mathew Paret said:

@Garima Singh I think I found the issue behind this. You may need to pass this information to your team.

I noticed that if Enpass is scheduled to start at boot, the it thinks touch ID is not enabled. But if I quit Enpass fully (even from the menu), and then start again, it accepts touch ID

Thanks same here once I quit it completely (closed in top bar) and restartet it there was a request to use touch ID. Also I had not checkt autostart. Had to quit from top menu apple+q and restart to trigger this. I think it needs to request the access once. That explains why some users had it working.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Mathew Paret said:

@Garima Singh I think I found the issue behind this. You may need to pass this information to your team.

I noticed that if Enpass is scheduled to start at boot, the it thinks touch ID is not enabled. But if I quit Enpass fully (even from the menu), and then start again, it accepts touch ID

This fixed the issue on my macbook.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...