Enpass Discussion Forum

optimization M1 chip (Apple MacBook)

mries1

Hi,

since Monday I use one of the new Apple MacBooks with M1 chip. Unfortunately, Enpass does not run that well on it - there are some performance and display issues. I guess, it is not optimized for the new chip yet.

So my question is, are there plans to optimize Enpass for M1? If yes, when will it be updated?

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apple M1 Support ist also a very important feature for me. Sure, in general Enpass works with Rosetta2, but there are very annonying graphical glitches... In the Browser extensions and also in the Enpass app. I really hope that there will be an Enpass Universal App soon

I do not need to mention that some competitors have already released Universal apps :(:/

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @mries1

Welcome to the forum and thanks for writing in.

Currently, qt doesn't support Apple Silicon (ARM64) and we don't have any plan to do so yet. However, I have noted your request and also would like to share that Enpass works with Rosetta. Thanks.

Hi can you confirm that browser extensions and fingerprint and autofill is working on mac M1 using Rosetta?

2 hours ago, John Doe said:

Hi can you confirm that browser extensions and fingerprint and autofill is working on mac M1 using Rosetta?

This is unbelievable @Enpass Team

Apple clearly stated that they are transitioning away from Intel completely....yet you don't have any plans to release an ARM version? 
I'm writing this on my brand new M1 MacBook Pro....most of my software is already running natively, as a lot of developers released M1 updates on day 1. 
You lack behind so far.....You don't even support Apple Watch unlock or the new Autofill feature of Big Sur.....do you guys really believe that Enpass deserves to be a subscription App? You really want people to pay monthly, when you don't even support the basic macOS features?

2 hours ago, John Doe said:

Apple clearly stated that they are transitioning away from Intel completely....yet you don't have any plans to release an ARM version? 
I'm writing this on my brand new M1 MacBook Pro....most of my software is already running natively, as a lot of developers released M1 updates on day 1. 
You lack behind so far.....You don't even support Apple Watch unlock or the new Autofill feature of Big Sur.....do you guys really believe that Enpass deserves to be a subscription App? You really want people to pay monthly, when you don't even support the basic macOS features?

2 hours ago, derzoelli said:

Hi can you confirm if  browser extensions and fingerprint and autofill are working via Rosetta on M1?

Hey @HarmlessRash & @derzoelli & @manolo4711 @mries1

As of now, Enpass will run M1 chips with an inbuilt compatibility layer. We are looking to fix it in two stages. First to release an optimized version for the compatibility layer. The user interface of Enpass uses cross-platform Qt Toolkit, which is currently not stable now for M1 native supports. We will release a native build just after that.

@John Doe  Please be informed that some users reported issue with fingerprint/touch ID on M1 and we are working to fix the same issue.

Thanks!

I just wanted to chime in because the Enpass team is taking a lot of heat here with M1 support. The issue with native M1 support is due to the underlying QT toolset that doesn't yet support M1 arm processors, not with the Enpass team directly. This is out of the Enpass team's control and upstream from them. QT is the programming toolset that allows Enpass to run cross platform on all these various operating system platforms, but in this case QT is not yet fully running natively on the M1 arm64 cpus. Once QT is ready for M1 I have no doubt we'll see a native Enpass M1 version shortly after. 

On 12/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @HarmlessRash & @derzoelli & @manolo4711 @mries1

As of now, Enpass will run M1 chips with an inbuilt compatibility layer. We are looking to fix it in two stages. First to release an optimized version for the compatibility layer. The user interface of Enpass uses cross-platform Qt Toolkit, which is currently not stable now for M1 native supports. We will release a native build just after that.

@John Doe  Please be informed that some users reported issue with fingerprint/touch ID on M1 and we are working to fix the same issue.

Thanks!

Thanks but can you confirm if autofill works on M1 on safari and Firefox ?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Apple M1 Support ist also a very important feature for me. Sure, in general Enpass works with Rosetta2, but there are very annonying graphical glitches... In the Browser extensions and also in the Enpass app. I really hope that there will be an Enpass Universal App soon   vidmate

mobdro

Edited by rajputaman04