Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass on rooted Android devices

Patneu

Hello,

I just wanted to make a remark (with a little warning sign!) to you about the topic mentioned above:

I've recently noticed, that the Enpass app on Android started showing a warning about my device being rooted and how this may cause security issues. As several popular Android apps recently seem to run some sort of campaign against rooted devices, I feel the need to say, that while I'm totally fine with a warning(!) like this, I could certainly not accept any kind of ban or extensive restrictions in functionality for rooted devices on part of Enpass. Should any of these ever occur, you will have lost me as a customer just this moment.

So, if your warning is just a warning and not the subtle beginning of a policy like described above, we're fine. If not, be warned yourselves in return.

Anyone who feels the same and maybe wants to make a similar statement, feel free to like this post.

Thanks for your attention.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Patneu

Thanks for writing in.

16 hours ago, Patneu said:

So, if your warning is just a warning and not the subtle beginning of a policy like described above, we're fine. If not, be warned yourselves in return.

Yes, it's just a warning and the rooted device has access to all the features and functionalities that are present in the Enpass app.

Cheers!