Enpass Discussion Forum

Windows 10 app doesnot update

LejoS

When I open the Enpass on my windows 10 laptop it asks me to update to the 6.5.2.275 version. When I try to, it doesn't update. And I get the message: no internet connection.

However: my internet connection is working properly. It is there for a while. So I have no updates for a while, which I think is not good.

Any suggestions?

Tnx.

• 1 month later...

Hey @LejoS

Thanks for the patience.

There was some issue in the updating process which was fixed in Enpass v6.5. You can update Enpass v6.4.2 to Enpass v6.5.2 from Enpass website following below steps-

• Take the backup of Enpass data and save it locally.
  • Close the app.
  • Download Enpass from this link(website version is given at the bottom).
  • Install Enpass app and restore the data from backup file saved locally.
  • If the problem persists, please let us know are you using proxy (You can find the detail of proxy in the settings of device)?

Thanks!

Hi Garima,

I downloaded the 6.5.2. (724) version from microsoftstore. And was able to restore my data from the back up (windows).

So the issue is solved.

However there is still another issue. I also installed the newest Enpass version from Apple store on my wifes new MacAir.

When I try to restore the data from the same back up on my server, it says my masterpassword is not correct.

I checked and double checked. But the master password I used is the right one.

Do you have any clues?

Thank you.

And a happy new year.

Léon

Hey @LejoS

Apologies for the trouble.

If you are able to access all Enpass data on your windows device, then please follow the below steps to restore the same data on the macOS(laptop)-

• Take the complete backup of Enpass data from your windows device device(in which you have all the data) using these steps. Open Enpass > Click on ‘File’ from the Enpass menu > Click on 'Backup all vaults' > Select the location and save it.
  • Now login to your cloud account on the same windows device and upload the backup folder in the Enpass app folder.
  • Now login to your cloud account on your macOS laptop, download the same backup folder data and save it locally.
  • Open Enpass on your the same macOS laptop (in which you downloaded the backup data folder) and restore the data from the backup file saved locally.
  • If the Enpass app still does not unlock the application with the correct master password then please update the same to us so that we can investigate further.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I also can't update Enpass. I'm currently on 6.6.0 (760) and I keep getting the message "6.6.0.770 is now available". However when I clicked on Update Now on Enpass it goes to the M.S Store and doesn't find anything. I tried manually  on the store  and other apps do update but it is as if there was no update published for Enpass. I've had this issue for about a week. On your website there's no version log for 770 so what is going on and what should I do if anything?

@Pratyush Sharma sorry no. It still doesn't update. I tried closing the app, restarting. All windows updates are installed. Other apps continue to get updated and this is only an issue with Enpass. I get the notification but it is as if the update isn't pushed on the microsoft store. The picture below is what I get but it won't update. It just goes to the store and shows as in the other picture. I clicked on the MS Store on "Downloads and updates" and the other apps do update but there isn't any for Enpass. 

image.png

image.png

Hey @StylishGuy

Please try using the command ‘wsreset' in the command prompt using Admin rights to clear the cache of the Windows Store and then try again.

If this doesn’t help, please take the backup of Enpass data first and then reinstall Enpass App again. If the issue persists, please let me know in which country you are facing this issue so that we can investigate it further.

I'm from the U.S. It didn't want to update no matter what. I tried everything you suggested. However today it did it by itself. My suspicion is that Microsoft was holding on your update for a few days to revise it for virus or issues  just like GPlay and AStore do and for that reason it wasn't updating because it wasn't yet accepted. I'm ok now. Thanks for the help

• Thanks 1