Enpass Discussion Forum

Don't open application window on login

Mariusz

Hello!

Since I upgraded macOS to the Big Sur release, Enpass starts on user login with its main window open in the center of the screen. Could you please fix it? AFAIR it used to open in the menu bar on startup, but now the main window opens as well.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Mariusz Schimke

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Garima Singh,

Now neither the menu bar icon nor the main window shows up. I'm not sure if you understood me correctly. My intention was to make the tool icon in the menu bar appear right after logging in, without the main window showing up at the center of the screen so that I don't have to close it every time I start my computer.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, @Garima Singh

I don't like giving negative feedback, but I'm feeling more and more disappointed by the app. I have an impression that you concentrate too much on delivering new features at the expense of improving UX-related details and fixing bugs. Sometimes I get overwhelmed. A couple of days ago I opened Enpass mini to an empty list of passwords. I couldn't search for anything, the list remained empty. I had to open the main window to search for a password.

Just a moment ago I opened Enpass 6.6.0 (772) to see a transparent window (see the attachment).

Searching in Enpass mini does not always let you copy a password with the keyboard shortcut without manually selecting/focusing an item that is already selected.

When you open Enpass mini and type the main password, then click CMD + E to open the main window, it asks you for the main password for the second time, or even if there appears the fingerprint icon, you have to click it manually to authorize with your finger, as if it wasn't obvious that this is the preferred method. You won't believe how frustrating it becomes when it repeats over and over again. You can go super secure or ignorant about such details, but at some point the user may feel that they would rather prefer to use the same password everywhere not to have to use a password manager.

Sometimes I still close Enpass coincidentally (CMD + Q), so the global keyboard shortcut for showing Enpass mini becomes unavailable. Still Enpass mini and Enpass are a single app, so closing the main window closes Enpass mini too.

I loved Enpass at the beginning especially because of its price value ratio compared to other solutions, like 1Password, that I find great, yet slightly too expensive. At this point, however, I'm starting to thinking that paying more may have a positive aspect of becoming less frustrated.

I apologize for all these thoughts, but maybe it will be something to consider for you. Unless I'm one of few, in which case my point of view is dismissible.

Cheers!

Zrzut ekranu 2021-03-7 o 13.01.00.png

Edited by Mariusz
  • Like 1

Hey @Mariusz

We really understand how frustrating to see some features not working as it should be. We are improvising the app and all the above issues have been noted and will be fixed in future builds. Please bear with us a little more.

On 3/7/2021 at 5:44 PM, Mariusz said:

Just a moment ago I opened Enpass 6.6.0 (772) to see a transparent window (see the attachment)

We are already aware of this issue on macOS where Enpass password list shows empty and our team has fixed this in the next update of Enpass app. Hopefully, it will be available within this week. Stay tuned for the same and share your feedback.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm also on a Mac & I have to agree with@Marius.  Always having to open the main Enpass app to use Enpass is beyond annoying. Please take a page from the 1Password UI. 1Password Mini opens at startup if the pref is checked. The first time you call mini to input a password via a keyboard command, mini asks for your main 1P password & you never have to open the main app unless you choose to.

Concurrently, if I've entered the 1P unlock password in mini, I don't have to if I open the 1P app.

On 6/22/2021 at 7:47 AM, Garima Singh said:

The priority of this issue has grown low as we were simultaneously focusing on many critical issues. Now, I have prioritized it and we will try to get it resolved ASAP.

It's sad this issue was brought up back November 27, 2020 & the developers moved it to the back burner rather than work on reprograming Enpass to make life easier for the all user—especially Mac users.

It's 3 months later from your last response & Enpass hasn't changed or updated this functionality.

Now that I have a lifetime license to Enpass I will be more vocal about issues that really need to be changed, fixed or updated. It's odd the choices the Enpass development team choose to work on rather than ones that actually make it a better program—especially for Mac users who are expecting more polished, Mac-centric programs.

And I'll keep using 1Password as the "gold standard" for Mac based password programs. They embrace macOS, iOS, iPadOS interfaces & use their functionality to improve user interaction. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello Enpass Team, 

I am also one of the first users of Enpass. However Enpass is currently the only one Programm that really drives me crazy after every single restart. I mean - i am really that far that i will change soon to a different password manager - even having the life pass. 

HOW CAN WE/YOU MAKE THE ENPASS NOT POPING OUT EVERY TIME AFTER RESTART ? That is really so annyoying on MAC. Every Day i see Enpass poping out remindes me to change the service. Please get that fixed.

• 1 month later...

Hello Enpass Team, 

I thought it was only me but I see that this is a problem for others as well. Every time I start up my MacOS the Enpass unlock screen comes up in my dock and covers my entire start up screen, this is such a nuisance. 

Can we please get an update on what is the status on fixing this? Is there a date we can expect a rollout? Seems this has been going on for over a year. 

Thanks for you attention in the matter. 

On 6/22/2021 at 7:47 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Podrageanu

We really understand how frustrating it could be. The priority of this issue has grown low as we were simultaneously focusing on many critical issues. Now, I have prioritized it and we will try to get it resolved ASAP.

Thanks for the co-operation.

Hello Enpass Team

I thought it was only me but I see that this is a problem for others as well. Every time I start up my MacOS the Enpass unlock screen comes up in my dock and covers my entire start up screen, this is such a nuisance. 

Can we please get an update on what is the status on fixing this? Is there a date we can expect a rollout? Seems this has been going on for over a year. 

Thanks for you attention in the matter.