Enpass Discussion Forum

Android autofill service on Chrome OS?

For those of us not using Chrome on our Chrome OS devices can the Android autofill service option be added? I use a Chromebook Duet mainly as a tablet and am using Brave as my browser, which is available only as an Android app, but Enpass does not seem to have a way to talk to the browser.

Hey @kellybrf

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I would like to share that you can can try auto-filling using the Accessibility service, for this please perform these simple steps.

1. Open the Chromebook device.
2. Go to settings --> click on Accessibility.
3. Enable for Enpass.
4. Now open any website in brave browser where he want to auto-fill.
5. Enpass notification will appear in the Chromebook Notification bar.
6. Click on Enpass notification icon and try to auto-fill.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, user_dave said:

This is not a helpful solution. There needs to be support for chromebooks. Stop with the excuses. How difficult is it? Other services have done this. 

I have chrome book and enpass works well with autofill solution using the enpass android app and enabling it on accessibility.  Your problem is something else

• Confused 1

On 12/4/2020 at 7:53 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @kellybrf

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I would like to share that you can can try auto-filling using the Accessibility service, for this please perform these simple steps.

1. Open the Chromebook device.
2. Go to settings --> click on Accessibility.
3. Enable for Enpass.
4. Now open any website in brave browser where he want to auto-fill.
5. Enpass notification will appear in the Chromebook Notification bar.
6. Click on Enpass notification icon and try to auto-fill.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, I thought I had replied to this?  Chrome OS does not have this accessibility option like Android does, so this work-around does not work.

19 hours ago, user_dave said:

Congratulations. I'm happy that it works for you. My problem is not something else. Thank you for chiming in tho. Appreciate it. 

You can cut down your snide remarks. You were falsely claiming that chrome books are not supported by Enpass.  I posted to say that I have chrome os and chrome and that combination absolutely works with enpass and it’s autofill service. 

I'm not going to cut down on anything. You made the first remark. I replied. I'm not falsely claiming anything. It's a fact. There is no proper support on chromebooks. I've been dealing with "support" for well over a year on this issue. I tried it and it does not work as it should. The chrome ext needs to be updated to support chromebooks. 

• 1 year later...

Stumbled on this post a few times while trying to figure this out. 

I'm using a Lenovo Duet 5 Chromebook and I cannot find a setting to enable autofill in the settings. I cannot find any kind of draw over settings either... 

So ... For anyone that also hits the same issue as me this can now be resolved through a setting within the Enpass Android App. 

1. Go to Settings > Autofill 
  2. Check the box for "Autofill in Chrome browser (Beta)"

image.png.46e2a290b3a2810204340ff7b30c7e03.png

Seems kinda obvious I guess but I had thought it would be more difficult and spent more time than anyone should searching around for a way to make it work. 

(and there is of course the 'Android Autofill service' which you'll probably want to tick at the same time too....)

I hope this saves someone some time... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1