Enpass Discussion Forum

Disable keyboard switch

Kevin van Mierlo

I really like the Enpass keyboard, but since the new update it enables switching keyboards using the globe key.
I am using the Google keyboard and I've set two languages (English and Dutch). I always switch language using the globe key, but now it also switches to Enpass, which I don't want.
So I want to be able to switch through my languages from the Google keyboard without the Enpass keyboard getting in between.
I understand that some people might like this feature, so maybe this could be an option in the settings?
Thanks in advance!

Kevin

P.S. I really like the new notification to fill username and password!

@Richard I've installed many keyboards over time, but none of those had the possibility to switch to the Google Keyboard or from the Google Keyboard to the other keyboard. I think the globe is meant to change languages with the selected keyboard. I only use the Enpass keyboard for logging in, after that I switch back to the Google Keyboard.

I think the keyboard selection Android provides (the one in the navigation bar (bottom right) or in the notification drawer (depends on your phone)) is sufficient for that purpose.

Edited by Kevin van Mierlo

• 4 weeks later...

Since I only use one language, I found the use of the globe key handy to easily get to the Enpass keyboard and then back to the Google keyboard. I do understand that it is probably not meant for this purpose, but nevertheless it's now a bit harder. I do like the non-auto fill technique you use on your keyboard.

One possible suggestion to possibly make the keyboard switching easier. For example, Keypass2Android has a non-root configuration option to auto switch back to the previously used keyboard after you press the "Go" key. Maybe something along those lines would be a better option as the globe key may be used to switch languages.