Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill Question

Michael Werner

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 1:55 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Michael Werner,

Thanks for writing back.

Currently, we don't support MS edge on iOS. However, I've noted your request to support MS edge. Thanks!

I just saw you now support ms edge but the desktop program needs to be used . Wow and way you can make the edge plugin work with and without the desktop program? because some user may not use the windows program. 

Hi @Michael Werner,

Sorry for misunderstanding. Enpass does support autofilling on all the platforms including both iOS and Windows.

Please note that desktop program is mandatory for Enpass extension to work. Being an offline password manager we do not store any information on our server to which extension would have connected and fetched the data.  For more details regarding how autofill works, have a look at our user manual.

Thanks for understanding.

5 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Michael Werner,

Sorry for misunderstanding. Enpass does support autofilling on all the platforms including both iOS and Windows.

Please note that desktop program is mandatory for Enpass extension to work. Being an offline password manager we do not store any information on our server to which extension would have connected and fetched the data.  For more details regarding how autofill works, have a look at our user manual.

Thanks for understanding.

In order for me to use this service I have to install both the desktop software and app . If you just install the app without the software . you get a message saying the software must be install in order to use it . this is on windows 10.

Hi @Michael Werner,

21 hours ago, Michael Werner said:

In order for me to use this service I have to install both the desktop software and app

By the app did you mean Enpass browser extension? If yes, then it is necessary to have both Enpass desktop Software and Enpass  browser extension on the device to autofill. You can download them from here.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Michael Werner,

We would have definitely considered it but the browser extensions alone are very limited in capabilities and can't access the encrypted data from device without the help from desktop software.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

I am a personal user of the software. But if you’re a business user that would not be a funny/good thing at all. There really needs to be some re-thinking about thatThat’s a little overwhelming for a lot of software to handle in my opinion. A lot of password managers are doing this as an optional requirement. I would think you guys would have done the same exact thing. I’m not sure if many customers in a business organization would like that.I am a personal user of the software. But if you’re a business user that would not be a funny/good thing at all. There really needs to be some re-thinking about that