Enpass Discussion Forum

Squeezing Pro User?

chase

Is that true that you try to monitize again Lifetime Pro User?

I'm really happy with Enpass the tool is just great! Butt with passwords trust also plays a very important role.

You worte:

Will the existing Enpass Pro users be charged again?
No, never! The Pro users on any platform will not be charged again and will never be forced to subscribe.

Would complimentary subscription users not get future updates?
All Enpass Pro users will continue to receive future app updates and new Pro features that we’ll release over time – for lifetime, on all platforms.

image.thumb.png.ece908dd740b47324fd88f827a66869e.png

https://www.enpass.io/blog/general/how-will-our-subscription-model-affect-existing-users/

Your media in Germany is currently very bad and I'm sure if you relase a lot of users will move to an other tool. I will also go.

https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/enpass-passwort-manager-moechte-pro-nutzer-zur-kasse-bitten/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

as well as how the users of the new Lifetime License will be handled. because if your promises age like milk that is not overly awesome and since all you have is trust and a reputation (as there is no source or anything, destroying that trust is totally not helping

5 minutes ago, shiQzaL said:

If they decide to let the pro-users pay again, I'm gone. There are still enough other good alternatives. They break their promises again >:(

what was the first broken promise, considering you say again. although not saying I couldnt have predicted this.

Dear users,

We understand and relate to your issues by reading your reactions. However, we're here to shed some light on how we aim to handle Pro users now and in future.

As promised, the existing Pro users will continue to enjoy all the Pro features without any additional cost. We will keep on polishing the app with new updates. Furthermore, we will continue to add more Pro features in future at no extra cost.

However, with time we have to release features that make Enpass better, with added security and productivity which requires recurring operational costs. Hence these overheads are difficult to cover from a one-off cost of Pro-license, and that is why we need monetary inputs from users at a minimal cost.
With that said, rest assured, Pro users are not compelled to pay once again for Premium features and can continue to enjoy Enpass Pro along with new Pro features.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Kashish said:

As promised, the existing Pro users will continue to enjoy all the Pro features without any additional cost. We will keep on polishing the app with new updates. Furthermore, we will continue to add more Pro features in future at no extra cost.

well it better be, that's what was promised after all.

8 minutes ago, Kashish said:

However, with time we have to release features that make Enpass better, with added security and productivity which requires recurring operational costs. Hence these overheads are difficult to cover from a one-off cost of Pro-license, and that is why we need monetary inputs from users at a minimal cost.

while I can understand that, the first reveal should NOT have come from a semi-random german tech blog, but rather be announced in advance, while the entirety of this should have been explained in detail instead of just stealthing this in, it's not just the facts themselves that make you look bad, but in my opinion at least the way the facts were presented as well, there was no indication on the forum, no blogpost, no official sources at all, only screenshots from the app.

10 minutes ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @My1

New one-time license will be treated as Premium subscriber. 

okay that's nice to know although obviously you know how this sounds considering the previous statements regarding pro, also at least on the forum there's one commenter who stated that he has the new one and still got asked.

also considering that recurring costs are the reasoning for the new paywall for old users, who says this wont change next year, especially since it's just a bit over a year since the subscription happened and the promises were made.

---

while I can understand the move from a financial perspective, the only thing enpass has to get and keep users is reputation and trust built on that, as the thing is not only paid but also not open source which obviously means that people cannot be certain of ANYTHING really on enpass and going around past promises in a semi-stealth manner is definitely not helping with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kashish said:

With that said, rest assured, Pro users are not compelled to pay once again for Premium features and can continue to enjoy Enpass Pro along with new Pro features.

I also get you need to make an income and have server cost, obviously. And no-one forced you to offer lifetime licenses at all, and made you promise those will never have to pay for upgrades and even new features .

Yet you did. And now you're kind of re-labelling your statement by saying: Well, those aren't the Pro features, let's call them Pro Plus Super Premium XXL which are X $ per month, you're welcome. Any way you put it, that's not very smart politics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for your feedback. A few days back, we launched a new beta version where we introduced two new features as “Breach Monitoring” and “2FA identification”. Since it was the beta version, we were planning to inform users ourselves right before the release of the stable version. Unfortunately, we couldn’t keep a lid on it and the news broke which has created more confusion than clarity. So let us clear some doubts. 

1. Do I have to pay for the subscription?
    • NO. Existing Pro users are not forced to pay for subscription to use the Pro features. 

2. Will I lose my Pro license if I do not pay for Enpass Premium subscription?
    • NO. You can continue to use Pro license without losing any existing features even if you do not pay for “Enpass Premium subscription”.

3. Will I continue to get new updates and fixes with Enpass Pro even if I do not pay for Enpass Premium Subscription?
    • Yes. We will continue to provide fixes and app improvements and updates to Enpass pro users. You do not have to pay for Enpass Premium Subscription for these fixes, app improvements and updates.

4. Do I have to pay for every new feature as a Enpass Pro user?
    • No. Enpass will provide lots of new Pro features for which Pro users do not have to pay again. One of them includes Sync over Wi-Fi. 

5. Which features do I have to pay for as a Enpass Pro user?
    • Enpass pro users will have to pay for Enpass Premium features. 

6. I have a one-time license which I purchased recently after the launch of a subscription last year. Do I also have to buy a subscription to use premium features? How can I check the eligibility of my license? 
    • Last year on November 19, we launched a subscription in addition to the “Enpass Premium One-time license” which is different from “Enpass Pro One-time license”. If you have purchased “Enpass Premium One-time license”, from or after Nov 19, then you will get Enpass Premium features without any additional charges. 
      You can check your license-type from the “Enpass Settings” and see your License type at the top under Account section.  

7. What are Enpass Premium features and what is the benefit of having them?
    • Enpass premium features are those that require significant effort in research with recurrent maintenance cost generally due to involvement of additional services. The newly introduced Premium features in this Beta are Breach monitoring and 2FA identification that add significant security by alerting you if there is any breach in the websites you have saved in Enpass so that you can timely change the password.

8. Why do I have to pay for Enpass Premium features?
    • There are certain features that require us to put in recurrent effort in terms of manpower and financial resources to keep the service updated. We would have liked to offer these services free of cost to Pro users, but unfortunately we cannot cover the cost from one-time pro licenses. That is why we have chosen to keep Breach Monitoring as part of our Premium services.

Hope this answers your queries. We look forward to your support. Thanks.

• Sad 1

All our current Pro users will have access to the full version of the app on all platforms without paying anything extra. They will continue to receive future app updates and new Pro features that we’ll release over time – for lifetime, on all supported platforms.

There is no mentioning the pro users will be allowed to run a castrated version only. At least give pro users a reasonable one time purchase option to be premium in the future (like 10 USD). Don’t forget that pro users helped you get where you are now!

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

@KMSWZ playing devil's advocate, I would say that the premium features might not technically be part of the app itself. but yeah it obviously was not a overly nice decision, also some chop logic: The new feature's arent PRO features, but PREMIUM Features. (I am fully aware of how stupid this sounds)

@Vikram Dabas 2 Questions that are unanswered:

1) on what basis resides the claim that premium one-timers are not having to pay for stuff again and how are users supposed to trust that, as technically speaking, you could throw in a "deluxe" feature set next year and expect payment for these again.

2) why the stealth? As said I havent found an announcement or anything really, there was just the update and then the news reporting on some german tech news site.

Hi @My1

19 hours ago, My1 said:

1) on what basis resides the claim that premium one-timers are not having to pay for stuff again and how are users supposed to trust that, as technically speaking, you could throw in a "deluxe" feature set next year and expect payment for these again.

New Premium One-time users (those who have purchased after Nov 2019) have paid for lifetime for all the features that Enpass has or will have in future under subscription.

19 hours ago, My1 said:

2) why the stealth? As said I havent found an announcement or anything really, there was just the update and then the news reporting on some german tech news site.

Stealth was not on purpose rather accidental. It was the Beta version through which the new broke early. May be the German tech blogger was a beta user himself. We planned to reveal the news before the final release. In hindsight, we wish we could have done it in a better way. We will do better in future.

Okay, at least something, although before the subscription came at least @shiQzaL said that it was promised that a subscription wont come (sadly I have no source on that), then it came totally axing that idea, but with the promise that pro users wont have to pay again (which we have linked above), which was at the very least sidestepped by the new premium moniker, which as said is not helpful for trust, but for the specific feature set understandable.

regarding the reveal of the new features with all its implications a bit before the beta as an announcement of the current plans and that it's tested in beta soon, or whatever would have helped at least not make it completely ridiculous

Edited by My1

I am also a pro customer with a total of three licenses, and of course I do not like the approach of Enpass, contrary to all promises, but I can understand the approach with the additional premium licenses. As long as I keep the Pro - functions, I can live with the consequences. And the two Premium - functions presented so far do not really interest me.

As long as in the future one or the other improvement will include the pro - licenses and the apps will be maintained, I am happy. Above all I would like to keep the Wifi-Sync. Therefore Enpass is and remains my number one. Maybe the graphics problem will be fixed, as I was promised in another thread of Enpass team.

• Thanks 1

Now pro users think they don’t need this features but maybe next year apple releases faceid for macs and than Enpass Team will get a big smile. A feature every Mac user would like... and jippey, we can offer it as „premium plus professional squeez„ feature. They will find a way to get again money. For me I will sell my Enpass license and switch back to KeePass.
Last year I thought new users, new license model.... hmmmm

But now..  not with me!
Hope everyone will do the same. 

Edited by ExEPProHappyUser

On 12/12/2020 at 5:36 AM, ExEPProHappyUser said:

Now pro users think they don’t need this features but maybe next year apple releases faceid for macs and than Enpass Team will get a big smile. A feature every Mac user would like... and jippey, we can offer it as „premium plus professional squeez„ feature. They will find a way to get again money

well that would leave a REALLY bad taste, I mean the idea that things like 2fa recognition which requires cataloguing sites and checking for password leaks also is dependent on online services and therefore create cost (assuming they arent just directly using the pwned passwords API, someone should maybe look into that) needing recurrent costs is kinda legit tbh

Edited by My1

First of all, we express our regret for offering the subscription function to pro users.
As an initial user of enpass, it is very upsetting to divide pro users and premium users to share functional benefits.

I have two pro licenses, but if this is the case, add a one-time payment feature that allows pro users to upgrade to premium. And it is not known whether this type of discriminatory function use update will occur in the future through this update. Enpass's updates are now hard to trust.

I don't think this kind of discrimination is right. Please refer to the user's opinion.

3 minutes ago, kyle said:

First of all, we express our regret for offering the subscription function to pro users.
As an initial user of enpass, it is very upsetting to divide pro users and premium users to share functional benefits.

I have two pro licenses, but if this is the case, add a one-time payment feature that allows pro users to upgrade to premium. And it is not known whether this type of discriminatory function use update will occur in the future through this update. Enpass's updates are now hard to trust.

I don't think this kind of discrimination is right. Please refer to the user's opinion.

well there is a one-time option. the like 70€ lifetime option

• Admin locked this topic