Enpass Discussion Forum

Squeezing Pro User?

chase

4 hours ago, My1 said:

kinda yeah at least they stated that the new Lifetime plan will include the new stuff, but if you dont need those you dont need to rush

They promised all of this to the pros. But what does a promise count after a year ...

Nobody would mind if new users had to pay a monthly fee from now on. But asking existing customers to checkout again, even though enpass has promised not to do so, leaves a negative impression.

You lost me and 6 other customers ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I use one of the new "premium" lifetime memberships, so this change does not affect me.
But I have a question: When do you plan to release a "platinum" membership for which I have to pay again? Like you did it now with the "pro" customers. 9_9

Edited by MuLu
  • Like 3

Why are Pro users not offered a discounted upgrade version to the Premium Lifetime license?
That would be acceptable, at least for me, if you pay once for new versions.
But to move Pro users to a subscription model now is a no-go for me.

27 minutes ago, MuLu said:

I use one of the new "premium" lifetime memberships, so this change does not affect me.
But I have a question: When do you plan to release a "platinum" membership for which I have to pay again? Like you did it now with the "pro" customers. 9_9

That's what I thought too. After Pro comes Premium, then Platinum, Diamond and finally the great VIP status.

Edited by Anonym
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I would have understood if this could be used for a lifetime with one additional purchase.
Or, even if all users need to subscribe additionally, they will understand.
However, only pro users need to subscribe, and we are surprised and disappointed that the discount price is half of the regular subscription fee.
In fact, does this mean that if a pro user wants this function, he should subscribe to it in the same way as a user who uses a general subscription service?

I am not good at English, so I communicate my thoughts through Google Translator.
I hope my thoughts have been well communicated.

• Like 1

Hey All,

Last year, while launching a new subscription model, we ensured that Pro users do not have to pay again for subscriptions and rather enabled them to use their Pro license across all their devices. So, you never have to pay for Pro features you have already purchased, and we will continue to add more Pro-features without any additional cost. One of those Pro-features would be sync over WiFi.

However, with premium features, we are providing Breach Monitoring and 2FA supported features, which requires us to put in recurrent effort in the workforce and financial resources to keep the service updated. We would have liked to offer these services free of cost to Pro users, but unfortunately, we cannot cover the cost from one-time pro licenses. Building, and maintaining, a Breach Monitoring service takes considerable effort and resources but we’re happy to bring a premium service like that to offer additional security to our users.

Thanks for understanding.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, Anonym said:

Why are Pro users not offered a discounted upgrade version to the Premium Lifetime license?

I would like an answer to that question too. Why do you treat your Premium customers better then the Pro customers that helped you in the beginning by buying licenses and recommendation to friends? I paid for three licenses (iOS, Android and Windows). For the fee of 10 EUR I can start an account with Bitwarden where I am not a second class customer. Think about it!!!

• Like 2

I am very dissatisfied, I totally get why it was done, but breaking promised and trying to avoid the problem by just making "premium" service to have all the features makes me want to switch my password manager to another one. If you feel like lifetime plan doesn't work, then remove it, but the ones who got it they deserve in keeping it. Making more payment forms is just a very anti consumer move. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey All,

Last year, while launching a new subscription model, we ensured that Pro users do not have to pay again for subscriptions and rather enabled them to use their Pro license across all their devices. So, you never have to pay for Pro features you have already purchased, and we will continue to add more Pro-features without any additional cost. One of those Pro-features would be sync over WiFi.

However, with premium features, we are providing Breach Monitoring and 2FA supported features, which requires us to put in recurrent effort in the workforce and financial resources to keep the service updated. We would have liked to offer these services free of cost to Pro users, but unfortunately, we cannot cover the cost from one-time pro licenses. Building, and maintaining, a Breach Monitoring service takes considerable effort and resources but we’re happy to bring a premium service like that to offer additional security to our users.

sure but what makes sure that newer features down the line might exclude Lifetime premium users? I mean recurring costs is an argument against anything lifetime.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2020 at 10:13 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey All,

Hello @Garima Singh,

no, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND and also have the feeling that you have unfortunately not even bothered to read through the posts. You are using a generic copy-and-paste answer, which you also posted here for example: https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/topic/14342-concern-about-the-free-pro-upgrade/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-62741

I find it very unfortunate that you don't answer the questions asked and hope that you or another Enpass member might make the effort.
This unfortunately gives the feeling that Enpass doesn't care about its customers and is being waved off with standard answers.

1. A premium LIFETIME model IS offered. As an Enpass Pro user, how can I switch to it?Enpass.thumb.png.03e6adfb07998d332768bb5fe52d3e1d.png
  2. I bought the Pro version on several devices at the time to get ALL thus also FUTURE updates AND FEATURES. Lifetime to me means all new features and updates as long as the software is around. Since Enpass is still around, I should get all the new features.
  3. With the Pro version all updates AND FEATURES were already promised. Who guarantees that the new Premium Lifetime will include ALL features in the future? And who guarantees that the promise will not be broken again?

I would be very happy if an Enpass team member could respond with an answer related to my questions and statements and not again with a general standard answer!

It seems to be not only me so that I do NOT UNDERSTAND the handling of existing Pro customers and simply find extremely unfriendly!
Especially the standard answer of @Garima Singh has really brought me to boil over.

Edited by Anonym
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The reason I think it's ridiculous about this subscription amount is that the annual subscription amount is 29,233 KRW in Korean. However, the upgrade subscription amount for pro users is 12,000 KRW for the first year alone / 32,000 KRW after that.

This is more expensive than annual subscription users, and pro users pay more. Do you think pro users would agree that this is a reasonable decision?

Am I misunderstanding? Or are these prices only in Korea?
I would like to hear the answer to this.

Pro users continue to use the PRO function.
But why is the new feature is not a pro, but a premium feature?
When you add the ability to add ahead as a Premium feature, Pro users are very angry.
Obviously, PRO users said they can add new features in the future.
But what about reality?
We have created a new title called Premium.
Is there a guarantee that new titles should not come out after the premium?
If so, should I buy a new title again?
This trust will fall.

Edited by kyle
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 8:54 AM, kyle said:

Pro users continue to use the PRO function.
But why is the new feature is not a pro, but a premium feature?
When you add the ability to add ahead as a Premium feature, Pro users are very angry.
Obviously, PRO users said they can add new features in the future.
But what about reality?
We have created a new title called Premium.
Is there a guarantee that new titles should not come out after the premium?
If so, should I buy a new title again?
This trust will fall.

While this may appear sinister, note that this is in the industry norm.  I have the lifetime premium membership of Dashlane due to being an early adopter.  Very soon after, they classified me as a “pre 2.0” premium customer still giving me lifetime sync but making all their new features only for paying premium members. So this is not out of the ordinary.  Atleast Enpass has committed to saying that Pro users will keep getting enhancements and new features as well in future (not all but some). I rather enpass gets more paying customers to keep their business running rather than they shut down and leave us all behind with nothing.  

Edited by John Doe
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, freibeuter said:

Will the Enpass Ultimate features be included when having Enpass Pro and the Premium subscription or will they be an extra pay? What about the Enterprise features and the Superb package, will they be included in the Diamond package?

What is Enpass Ultimate, Superb or Diamond package? I haven’t seen that anywhere on their website 

19 minutes ago, John Doe said:

What is Enpass Ultimate, Superb or Diamond package? I haven’t seen that anywhere on their website 

an ironic spin on the idea that there are now two tiers of paid users and nobody knows whether or not this will happen again

5 hours ago, John Doe said:

PRO The user is required to purchase with a Premium feature.

I laugh at the future that I can have a purchase request in the future.

Hello together,

I have found a solution (at least for me) how to get from Pro to Premium via a one-time "upgrade", because I actually did not want to switch from Enpass.

If you buy "Enpass Lifetime Premium" from the Enpass website with the existing email address of the Pro account, the Pro becomes Premium (after a few minutes this is then displayed in the apps). At least that's how it worked for me.
At the moment there is the "Happy Holiday" promotion, which makes Premium a bit cheaper.

For me, the in-app offer in IOS to switch from Pro to Premium by means of a subscription was IN NO WAY IN QUESTION.
A ONE TIME upgrade function I find for new features okay, only then to advertise with Lifetime I find confusing. Of course, an offer for Pro users would have been nice, that you could upgrade to LIFETIME PREMIUM at a reduced price.

The lifetime option with Enpass was THE REASON why I chose Enpass. Otherwise I could have used e.g. 1Password or Dashlane...

Now I really hope that "Enpass Lifetime Premium" will get ALL FUTURE FUNCTIONS and I have peace of mind for the next years.
A statement on the part of Enpass, whether one would get with "Enpass Lifetime Premium" now really ALL FUTURE FUNCTIONS, would be very nice. Could then hang on the wall ;)

Edited by Anonym
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, Garima Singh said:

Hey,

We understand your concern.

Premium users include Premium subscribers and Premium One time buyers. Both the groups will be treated the same and will get Premium features without any additional cost.

can you (or someone else from the team) write that last sentence again but replace the last instance of the word "premium" with "all"? so it says that they get all features without additional cost so we have an actual promise you cannot ride back on it.

What about a resonable on time fee to convert a PRO lifetime license into Premium lifetime license ?

and don't ask to many question!!! It will get you blacklisted and unable to use the forums. Thanks you, morons!

E60BE702-B066-4208-B6A9-99CA4AE93FE9.png

Edited by Kmswz1
Added proof

They actually know that PRO users can no longer generate revenue for them, as long as they offer the same features as Premium users. So, using this approach forces you to make a choice, either leave or pay. Maybe that's the business path of enpass, it's not the early supporters that matter, but the ones who can bring them benefits. Can they be trusted to keep our passwords when they can't even keep a basic promise? There is no way I will ever recommend enpass to anyone from now on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin locked this topic