Enpass Discussion Forum

Squeezing Pro User?

chase

All our current Pro users will have access to the full version of the app on all platforms without paying anything extra. They will continue to receive future app updates and new Pro features that we’ll release over time – for lifetime, on all supported platforms.

And now calling it Premium features? You have removed the password audit feature, adjusted something and now you are asking to get a premium license... I already have the PRO license what's next the gold or diamond license?

I paid for now again ( I already regret taking premium license for a year) but next year I will switch. Plenty of other password managers I can choose from with the same or even better features and community. There is not even a special price for pro users to switch to premium which is also wrong.

I hope enpass will change this all back otherwise this will be really bad advertising. I already changed my playstore enpass review. I know longer trust this company.

rs-202422-GettyImages-513087221.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=450

Edited by TREMOR
  • Like 1

Listen Enpass what you're doing is called bait and switch.

You sell users lifetime subscriptions on a version of Enpass then add a couple of new features, change the name to Premium and then ask Pro users to upgrade.

How long before Premium users have to pay to upgrade the Premium Platinum Enpass.

Very shitty business model. You promised a lifetime subscription to Enpass then you renamed it to Pro and now you rename it to Premium leaving Pro lifetime subscriptions behind.

Give me my lifetime subscription money back and keep your crooked business model.

• Like 1

Listen Enpass what you're doing is called bait and switch.

You sell users lifetime subscriptions on a version of Enpass then add a couple of new features, change the name to Premium and then ask Pro users to upgrade.

How long before Premium users have to pay to upgrade the Premium Platinum Enpass.

Very shitty business model. You promised a lifetime subscription to Enpass then you renamed it to Pro and now you rename it to Premium leaving Pro lifetime subscriptions behind.

Give me my lifetime subscription money back and keep your crooked business model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello at Enpass Team,

I perfectly understand the fact that you need some income for the recurrent cost. And that the Pro/Premium users with lifetime licence don't give you any more revenue. But what you did with the "new Premium features but none to Pro users" poses a problem because as many told before me, none will trust you anymore. What next ? Deluxe Premium ? Platinum Premium ? At first, the lifetime licence can seem like a great way to begin your company or to promote your service/software but on the long way, it'll become a nightmare, financially speaking. However, once you offer such option, it's really hard to back up.

I have no idea how much Pro/Premium users with a lifetime licence you have compared to Premium users with subscriptions. But if the number is low then that shouldn't be a big financial problem. All Pro users have a lifetime licence not by choice but because there is none other options (except the free option) before and they are the same people who promoted Enpass at their family, friends and coworkers. Doing anything that will do to you to lose your promoters is not a good idea.

Remember, Bitwarden cost only 10$/year for get Premium features for all users (old and new). If you don't want lose more user/customer, it'll be best that you found a mean to correct your ways of doing things. What you just did is really risky. Asking for a optional donation to lifetime users, would to be better option because any satisfied lifetime user would not have a big problem to help you if the need is there.

It's all what I wanted said.

• Thanks 1

The biggest slap in the face is that the offer for the pro users is €20.99 a year after the "special" discount. A normal individual license is € 21,49 a year. Just wow... Guess the old lifetime licenses are worthless?

What's EVEN WORSE is that they sold lifetime premium licenses on stacksocial for what we have to pay every year, even though we had a lifetime license before...

Edited by MoonRaven

17 minutes ago, Kmswz1 said:

And a new Lifetime Premium account was on sale at Stacksocial in November for 15 USD.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fomm_io/status/1308277807374577664

I just added that to my comment because holy shit...

Or how about getting 2 years for $15 right now? Much cheaper than what we pro lifetime holders get... https://stacksocial.com/sales/enpass-2-yr-subscription

We get it, you have recurring costs here, so make us a GOOD offer.

Edited by MoonRaven
  • Like 1

The big red breach message was a shock to see paid £6.99 for first year £19 after. Gutted with the way Enpass has handled things after using this for quite some time as premium. Would have rather paid half price upgrade to Pro with true no more fee upgrades

Now looking at 1password and Lastpass for my family to use. 

Have also seen Lifetime Premium on SocialStack at  $25. And also 1/2 years offerings. 

Edited by Mp4

I checked with Enpass on Twitter regarding discounts for existing Pro lifetime license holders. A very friendly support person from Enpass provided a 40% discount on a premium lifetime license because I already have a lifetime Pro license. Still a little steep for the difference in features compared to 'Pro', but just so that you know.

I don't blame the support person, (s)he was quite friendly and helpfull (to the extend he can offer assitance in this case).

4 minutes ago, laibalion said:

I checked with Enpass on Twitter regarding discounts for existing Pro lifetime license holders. A very friendly support person from Enpass provided a 40% discount on a premium lifetime license because I already have a lifetime Pro license. Still a little steep for the difference in features compared to 'Pro', but just so that you know.

I don't blame the support person, (s)he was quite friendly and helpfull (to the extend he can offer assitance in this case).

That's still almost double than what was offered to new users 2 months ago. $25 was offered in October 2020 and with a coupon it could go down even more. Given that you already paid for the pro license, paying more than a new user is not good at all... If they offered this for $10-15 as an upgrade I would understand it due to server/api costs for the breach detection, I would even be fine with up to $5 a year, but what they offer is just not good at all... The offer as it is is "Hey, get this discount for the first year and then pay almost the same every year as new accounts would pay already".

23 minutes ago, ChaosKiller said:

That's still almost double than what was offered to new users 2 months ago. $25 was offered in October 2020 and with a coupon it could go down even more. Given that you already paid for the pro license, paying more than a new user is not good at all... If they offered this for $10-15 as an upgrade I would understand it due to server/api costs for the breach detection, I would even be fine with up to $5 a year, but what they offer is just not good at all... The offer as it is is "Hey, get this discount for the first year and then pay almost the same every year as new accounts would pay already".

I agree, and that's also what I told support that the feature differences is not worth almost 43,- as it stands today and that I'm willing to pay 20,- at most to upgrade from pro to premium lifetime (not expecting anything from it, but giving feedback can only help I suppose :).

This is just bad business management. I won't be surprised if enpass is bankrupt in a few years.

I'm testing KeepassXC for desktop and KeepassDX for phone now. It looks like I also solved the sync problems. Just need to test some more.

I have to do a manual export because the export from enpass to keepass is a complete mess. On the plus side, my DB file has been reduced from 900KB to 30KB, something enpass still can't do after numerous requests. So maybe I will switch earlier than next year

Edited by TREMOR

1 hour ago, Kmswz1 said:

Good job. Your questionable business strategy finds its way into press reports and tech blogs.

Androidpolice - Enpass irking pro users

Article says it's a new feature but they removed the old audit feature... using a service like haveibeenpwned.com is nothing new in enpass. The only thing completely new is the one time password check.

Edited by TREMOR

I have found myki, which is free for home users... You can pay them roughly $12 to upgrade the app for additional benefits such as custom tags, multiple profiles, custom form fields. 

It also only syncs your passwords to other devices via encrypted proxy. Your devices are your cloud. 

I like enpass, but myki has some benefits over enpass, for instance I can share passwords with people without letting them see the password. So it only works on the login page for instance. 

It also works more like last pass in regards to how it auto gives you passwords/accounts to the site right on the username/password bars. 

I do like some minor things about enpass better, but ultimately myki is better. And when I can pay $12 one time for an application that is just as good if not better than enpass... It just shows how much enpass has forgotten about us pro users.

Although I would say I agree with the person's comment above in regards to letting pro users upgrade to this new tier for a small cost around $10.

Hopefully enpass can resolve this. 

Edited by Terry G

Can enpass team clarify the business model here and going forward? The pro and premium are all confusing to me. The way most companies handle this is, they automatically upgrade existing lifetime users to their new model and only asks the new users to pay for whatever is the new cost set by them.

I am guessing here is that the pro model doesn't exist any more and new users are getting premium features now onwards? If so will there be some platinum feature(or some other name) going forward for which lifetime (pro or premium) users will have to pay again?

The state which we are at, I too will switch to another new password manager if this doesn't change. You should stick to whatever model you initially set otherwise what was even the point of buying, offcourse you can change the price going forward to whatever you want but lifetime users shouldn't have to deal with it.

52 minutes ago, minusSeven said:

Can enpass team clarify the business model here and going forward? The pro and premium are all confusing to me. The way most companies handle this is, they automatically upgrade existing lifetime users to their new model and only asks the new users to pay for whatever is the new cost set by them.

I am guessing here is that the pro model doesn't exist any more and new users are getting premium features now onwards? If so will there be some platinum feature(or some other name) going forward for which lifetime (pro or premium) users will have to pay again?

The state which we are at, I too will switch to another new password manager if this doesn't change. You should stick to whatever model you initially set otherwise what was even the point of buying, offcourse you can change the price going forward to whatever you want but lifetime users shouldn't have to deal with it.

Why waiting for an answer? They wil say 'we will not make a platinum version'. And after that they will make diamond features and they didn't lie. That's why you can't trust them anymore.

And really enpass is a mess. Have you tried exporting the enpass database and checking the csv file? Also my database file has been reduced from 900KB to 30KB by only importing it into keepass. Enpass isn't as good as I first thought.

Edited by TREMOR

7 minutes ago, TREMOR said:

Why waiting for an answer? They wil say 'we will not make a platinum version'. And after that they will make diamond features and they didn't lie. That's why you can't trust them anymore.

And really enpass is a mess. Have you tried exporting the enpass database and checking the csv file? Also my database file has been reduced from 900kb to 30kb by only importing it into keepass. Enpass isn't as good as I first thought.

That's frustration talking, not fact. You were perfectly happy to use Enpass a few months ago with exactly the same features as you have today, before this Premium issue. Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustrations but it doesn't mean Enpass suddenly became a bad product. It still offers good features and has a place in the market.

So your comments are a bit unfair I think.

This doesn't change of course that I'm also a bit miffed, but as long as nothing significant changes are done to pro users, I'm not as malcontent as some others.

Edited by laibalion
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, laibalion said:

That's frustration talking, not fact. You were perfectly happy to use Enpass a few months ago with exactly the same features as you have today, before this Premium issue. Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustrations but it doesn't mean Enpass suddenly became a bad product. It still offers good features and has a place in the market.

So your comments are a bit unfair I think.

This doesn't change of course that I'm also a bit miffed, but as long as nothing significant changes are down to pro users, I'm not as malcontent as some others.

Well it's not only this.

1. The poor support that can only copy / paste sentences here.
  2. Things that are still not fixed after months and they only say we are working on it.
  3. And now I'm trying to export my database and it's a complete mess. I can't do anything with it. I am now manually transferring 300+ passwords.

I don't mind spending money on good products but this is just @!$!%&! mean. I even accidentally bought an enpass premium subscription for a year now (I wish I didn't). And now find out that enpass is not that great.

Yes I'm a little bit frustrated. 

Edited by TREMOR

• Admin locked this topic