Enpass Discussion Forum

Squeezing Pro User?

chase

Still like this forum because this company is funny. You guys should also switch to an other better password manager. For me it was the best move I should have done earlier. Now I know enpass is a crappy password manager even if they give it away for free I don't want it anymore.

Edited by TREMOR

5 hours ago, freibeuter said:

Yay! 40% discount instead of 25%! Oh...wait...

Pricing & free trial  Enpass.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 20.49.25.png

??? LOL. I think that they have no malice but instead need to work on their execution. This could be a "bug" that miscalculates amounts. I hope it is. I'd also love to see what's in the roadmap for PRO & PREMIUM users side by side.

Another PRO user here who supported the tool from the very beggining and trusted them by buying a lifetime PRO license. You said that you were not going to charge us ever for new features and here we have... You are LIARS, you have invented a new "premium" category to leave PRO users apart. Instead of move PRO licenses to premium ones you are making us pay again (there is even no update program). How can you be so stingy? Is this how you treat your supporters?

Shame on you! I won't recommend you any more I certainly don't wish you the best.

So, for those thinking about buying a lifetime license: BE CAREFUL. Maybe they change its name tomorrow (platinum? diamond?) and try to charge you again...

• Thanks 2

On 1/1/2021 at 2:34 PM, soo said:

In the Korean version, it is marked as "All Access (Lifetime)". !!!
IOS version and latest version.

1400664930_2021-01-0114_29.thumb.png.fa0456e1d29665fd2eb2e7ff7feec308.png

After an update of the ios app, I noticed that "PRO All Access" changed to "PRO Pro Features"

I need a subscription and at a similar price, I don't think Enpass has any more strength than 1password.
However, I do not know what will happen to users who are currently registered as premium users, but I still think they have strengths.

Pro users could use it except for this feature, but after seeing the response from the Enpass team, we decided to leave.

I hope your company goes well in the future. Bye~

On 1/2/2021 at 9:31 PM, TREMOR said:

Still like this forum because this company is funny. You guys should also switch to an other better password manager. For me it was the best move I should have done earlier. Now I know enpass is a crappy password manager even if they give it away for free I don't want it anymore.

Hi @TREMOR

Which platform have you switched to?

9 hours ago, Dentonthebear said:

Hi @TREMOR

Which platform have you switched to?

https://keepassxc.org/ for Mac, Windows and Linux. Best keepass you can get.

I'm using keepassdx on my android phone (still a little bit in beta but good enough for me).

Sync between them not really a problem. Just let it sync by other programs like Dropbox or OneDrive. I'm using my Synology NAS with Synology Drive app.

Your vault file will be much smaller (Enpass is a mess). 

4 minutes ago, laibalion said:

I'm a bit confused why vault size is so important for you? I never had any issues with it or even noticed anything about it.

Why syncing a 900KB vault file between multiple computers. In keepass I could create the same file with 90KB. Enpass vault file grows forever even when you delete stuff it grows. 

As a programmer I can say that a smaller file size does not mean it's better per se. You can store data in many ways and some make it more readable, some make it smaller and some make it that data is more recoverable. 

E.g.

Site:x

Username:y

Password:z

Vs

S:x

U:y

P:z

Vs

<site>x</site>

<username>y</username>

<password>z</password>

In case 1, it's a basic storage. 

In case 2, there's minimal size, but it's less readable. 

In case 3, if data gets corrupted, you'll know since <password>x)_~€¿ will not be valid, while Password:x)_~€¿ is. 

Storage isn't that expensive anymore, so a 1mb vault vs a 5mb one doesn't say much. Hell, it might even be stored the same way, but the encryption is different which may make it bigger. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoonRaven said:

As a programmer I can say that a smaller file size does not mean it's better per se. You can store data in many ways and some make it more readable, some make it smaller and some make it that data is more recoverable. 

E.g.

Vs

Vs

<site>x</site>

<username>y</username>

<password>z</password>

In case 3, if data gets corrupted, you'll know since <password>x)_~€¿ will not be valid, while Password:x)_~€¿ is. 

Storage isn't that expensive anymore, so a 1mb vault vs a 5mb one doesn't say much. Hell, it might even be stored the same way, but the encryption is different which may make it bigger. 

Exactly.

1 minute ago, MoonRaven said:

E.g.

Vs

Vs

<site>x</site>

<username>y</username>

<password>z</password>

As a programmer you would fixed that damn Enpass bug. The vault is even growing when you delete stuff.

Im a developer too, and it well may be that the database stores performed transactions, call it an audit trail if you will. So deleting passwords also creates data.

This is why I'm a bit wondering why you are so concerned about 'size'. It's for me a rather meaningless metric if it works as expected and poses no hindrance.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, laibalion said:

Im a developer too, and it well may be that the database stores performed transactions, call it an audit trail if you will. So deleting passwords also creates data.

This is why I'm a bit wondering why you are so concerned about 'size'. It's for me a rather meaningless metric if it works as expected and poses no hindrance.

I wouldn't be surprised if enpass uses a database and KeePass uses a flat file. Didn't even think about the audit trail/transaction log. 

33 minutes ago, TREMOR said:

Well I don't care anymore :D

OK bye. 

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2020 at 7:00 AM, Vikram Dabas said:
  • Which features do I have to pay for as a Enpass Pro user?
    • Enpass pro users will have to pay for Enpass Premium features. 

• I have a one-time license which I purchased recently after the launch of a subscription last year. Do I also have to buy a subscription to use premium features? How can I check the eligibility of my license? 
    • Last year on November 19, we launched a subscription in addition to the “Enpass Premium One-time license” which is different from “Enpass Pro One-time license”. If you have purchased “Enpass Premium One-time license”, from or after Nov 19, then you will get Enpass Premium features without any additional charges. 
      You can check your license-type from the “Enpass Settings” and see your License type at the top under Account section.  

Aside from really disliking subscription models, which the app forces the upgrade as instead of making the lifetime option at all apparent, these FAQ questions are where I was most confused before reading.

It's not made clear that Pro =/= Premium at any point. Unless I'm missing something, Premium isn't mentioned at any step at the moment when clicking through from the big red advert at the top of the app (which really needs an option to be turned off).  It just takes you to a in app page about breach monitoring, no mention of premium. Clicking learn more takes you to a webpage about breach monitoring, again zero mention of premium. Clicking continue back at the in-app breach monitoring page takes you to the subscription only "Offer for Pro Users" page, which yet again has no mention of a distinction between pro and premium or that there actually is one time purchase option...

I've been a Pro User too. And I think Enpass' approach is not ok in this case. After the change of the licensing text in the app I thought about asking apple and google wether it's ok for them that the software manufacture simply changes the purchased license type.

On the other side I've bought the lifetime license for android and iOS for about EUR 10 each a long time ago. And I use the Software every day (on iOS, android, Windows and Linux). And I really like the sync feature of enpass, a feature keepassxc doesn't have.  So I decided to buy the Premium Lifetime License again on their website.

But as written before. It is not ok for me from enpass to break the lifetime promise. I've rather expexted a new software version which we would have to buy again (like reeder does f.eg.) rather than taking us for a fool by changing the license text in the app. 

And I really wish that the enpass staff wouldn't ignore this thread / the comments in here!

Enpass is a great password manager, one of the best for my needs. I'm a Pro user (paid on Android, Windows and macOS stores) and at the moment I don't need the Premium features, so I won't buy them.

Please hide the red banner, show it only to Premium subscribers, that is just a nag alert typical of games and not suitable for a password manager.

Then I'll wait and see if the Premium subscription introduces some cool stuff and doesn't end like the Pro "lifetime" one.

However, I definitely lost confidence in the "lifetime" promise.

• Like 1

Such sad news that Enpass is treating users like this.

I'm not an Enpass user; I have been seriously considering  purchasing the lifetime plan, but when I read this topic I see many fundamental issues that make me sure this would not be a wise choice.

Passwords are one of the most serious piece of information you can handle. You can totally ruin a person's life (and I'm not exaggerating) by handling them in a wrong or insecure way. For that reason, it's primordial that you choose a password manager that you will fully trust. Breaking this golden rule is a big no-no and I must say by reading this topic, I already see many red flags:

1. Making 2 different promises and breaking both of them. No matter how much you try to justify, not matter how much you play with the words to say it's fine to do it, this is breaking trust and breaking and breaking what you made users believe they were buying
  2. Making use of word "tricks" to differentiate "pro" users from "Premium" users. Really? These are practices very well-known to what scam companies do, and although I'm not saying you're one of them, I'm definitely saying you're behaving like one
  3. Using excuses to justify your own decisions and behaviour: "we need to raise more money... the lifetime plan was not sustainable.. bla bla..". Again: you as a company made that decision to sell that plan at a certain price, making a promise in the past, knowing the risk, but also getting all the benefits from it: attracting thousands of people that for sure gave you a good cash position for a while.

What comes next? Free users will have access to their passwords blocked until they pay a ransom?

This message is not a complaint, after all, I'm not even a customer (although I would be if it wasn't for your unethical behaviour), this is just a free piece of advise that I'm giving as a would-be-user for whoever is making those disastrous decisions within the company without any serious thoughts on the consequences.

Sad to see companies like this with such a great potential throwing it all away

• Thanks 1

Such sad news that Enpass is treating users like this.

I'm not an Enpass user; I have been seriously considering  purchasing the lifetime plan, but when I read this topic I see many fundamental issues that make me sure this would not be a wise choice.

Passwords are one of the most serious piece of information you can handle. You can totally ruin a person's life (and I'm not exaggerating) by handling them in a wrong or insecure way. For that reason, it's primordial that you choose a password manager that you will fully trust. Breaking this golden rule is a big no-no and I must say by reading this topic, I already see many red flags:

1. Making 2 different promises and breaking both of them. No matter how much you try to justify, not matter how much you play with the words to say it's fine to do it, this is breaking trust and breaking and breaking what you made users believe they were buying
  2. Making use of word "tricks" to differentiate "pro" users from "Premium" users. Really? These are practices very well-known to what scam companies do, and although I'm not saying you're one of them, I'm definitely saying you're behaving like one
  3. Using excuses to justify your own decisions and behaviour: "we need to raise more money... the lifetime plan was not sustainable.. bla bla..". Again: you as a company made that decision to sell that plan at a certain price, making a promise in the past, knowing the risk, but also getting all the benefits from it: attracting thousands of people that for sure gave you a good cash position for a while.

What comes next? Free users will have access to their passwords blocked until they pay a ransom?

This message is not a complaint, after all, I'm not even a customer (although I would be if it wasn't for your unethical behaviour), this is just a free piece of advise that I'm giving as a would-be-user for whoever is making those disastrous decisions within the company without any serious thoughts on the consequences.

Sad to see companies like this with such a great potential throwing it all away

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, lammoth said:

Please hide the red banner, show it only to Premium subscribers, that is just a nag alert typical of games and not suitable for a password manager.

Then I'll wait and see if the Premium subscription introduces some cool stuff and doesn't end like the Pro "lifetime" one.

However, I definitely lost confidence in the "lifetime" promise.

Hi can you please advise me how to hide that red banner with the SECURITY RISK!!! message?  It hurts my eyes and I would like to see an option in settings to toggle this off.  Enpass support please make this an option that can be toggled off because many customers like me find it very annoying.

Do not troll the loyal customer base like me that has been with your company in early stages of growth for $12 lifetime.  You should hold customers like me sacred for our loyalty and for enrolling in the early days. 

I feel that this red banner with obnoxious error is a way of Enpass trolling customers that choose not to upgrade to the subscription based model.  If this is not taken away by January 15th in a future update i will have no choice but to write a bad review on Google Play

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gwen Prill said:

Hi can you please advise me how to hide that red banner with the SECURITY RISK!!! message?  It hurts my eyes and I would like to see an option in settings to toggle this off.  Enpass support please make this an option that can be toggled off because many customers like me find it very annoying.

Do not troll the loyal customer base like me that has been with your company in early stages of growth for $12 lifetime.  You should hold customers like me sacred for our loyalty and for enrolling in the early days. 

I feel that this red banner with obnoxious error is a way of Enpass trolling customers that choose not to upgrade to the subscription based model.  If this is not taken away by January 15th in a future update i will have no choice but to write a bad review on Google Play

You still think they are going to change this?

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2021 at 8:08 PM, Rafael said:

Making use of word "tricks" to differentiate "pro" users from "Premium" users. Really? These are practices very well-known to what scam companies do, and although I'm not saying you're one of them, I'm definitely saying you're behaving like one

Oh yeah, it reminds me of, for example, freemake. Get a complete bundle and in a couple of months, we create a bundle that is completer, it includes feature x.

Get the most complete bundle, until it isn't.

• Thanks 1

• Admin locked this topic