Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't sync/restore/backup to/from network share

maetthew

Hi,

I'm trying to use Enpass with Elementary OS. I have a NAS where I backup and sync my Enpass vault to and from. However, when trying to use the Linux version of Enpass I can only browse local files and folders when selecting a folder to backup/sync to/from within Enpass. Is this an error on my end, or within Enpass?

Thanks

@Akash Vyas: The share is mounted with a user with full access. I am able to copy files through the file manager, or write new files through the terminal.

*edit Maybe I should add that the problem isn't that I'm not able to write to the folder, the share is not showing up at all inside Enpass when browsing for a location to backup/sync to.

Edited by maetthew
Added clarification

Hi,

This is the bug in Gnome/GTK+3 native file chooser dialogue in linux. https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787128

As of now you can type you network location manually.

Open file manager -> navigate to desired folder -> press Ctrl+L -> copy path of folder from location bar.
Repeat the same with file chooser dialogue in Enpass. Press Ctrl+L -> paste in location bar.

Cheers

@Vinod Kumar Thanks, I was able to restore a backup, and setup sync this way. However, when trying to setup backup settings thing seem to go iffy. At first I was able to select a directory I wanted, but that turned out to be the wrong directory. When trying to change directory I can navigate to the directory I want and choose it, but nothing actually changes. The first directory selected remains as "Backup location" while the mouse cursor within Enpass is stuck as the equivalent of the time glass in Windows (can't describe how it looks in Linux). Mind you if I try to press "Back up now" with the first selected directory as "Backup location", nothing actually happens besides greying out the "Back up Now", "Restore" and "Delete" buttons and I have to restart Enpass to make them clickable again.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for posting here, I realize that this thread is dormant but I have the same issue under KDE linux (Antergos OS; based on Arch Linux).

I tried the solution suggested by @Vinod Kumar but it doesn't work because the dialog window didn't let me choose a location even if I press Ctrl+L. I attached the image of the window.

Somebody tell me that I could mount the samba share to a directory in my home but I don't know exactly how to do that and it would be a dirty walkaround (provided that this solution works).

I think this dialog open window is Qt4, and nowadays KDE is built around Qt5. Anyway do you guys know any solution? Thanks in advance! 

enpass.png

Edited by Ktsts
typo and specificate the OS