Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync on Autofill

ssylviageo

I often run into the scenario where one version of Enpass (mobile or desktop app) is out of sync with another version and autofill fails to enter credentials correctly. This usually happens after I have created a new login on one device and I try to login to the same app on different devices. This also happens when I change a password on one device and have to reenter the password on another device. In order to make it work, I have to first open Enpass app manually => open settings => Sync => Sync Now. Then I have to reopen the app to autofill the password. It would be great if the autofill screen had one of the following options:

1. Automatically try to sync on load
  2. Add a button to manually sync from autofill screen

Hey @ssylviageo

Welcome to the forum!

Currently, in Enpass, sync gets triggered automatically in below cases-

• Every time you unlock your Enpass key-chain, an auto-sync is initiated. (If Sync is turned on).
  • Auto-sync also happens after every 15 secs, while the app is in the foreground.
  • When you save any change in item details or master password, Enpass waits for 5 secs and initiates an auto-sync.

For more details, refer to this link.

• 1 month later...

@Garima Singh I guess you didn't understand the request.

The problem is described in the following scenario:

1. Unlock Enpass on a computer (PC, Mac, Linux)
  2. Edit an item or add a new one
  3. Save the item
  4. Pick up a smartphone (Android, iOS)
  5. Open an app and select "Login with Enpass" option

Here, if the item was edited in step 2, it will be outdated. If the item was created in step 2, it will not show up on Enpass pop-up.

That happens because the Enpass app on iOS and Android only syncs up when the main app is opened, not when its assistant is.

I guess the same would happen if Enpass Assistant on a browser was used on a computer, without opening the main app window.

What is being asked here is for the Enpass Assistant (on a browser as well as on mobile phone app) to trigger an auto-sync when opened.

Hey @brunovieira97

We totally got your point and can absolutely see that having the ability to sync the Enpass data from Enpass Assistant on a browser as well as on mobile phones would be useful!  We have discussed this with our team and concluded that we will improve this by adding means to sync from Enpass assistant on browser and auto-fill screens on mobile devices by giving a keyboard shortcut and buttons.

Thanks for the suggestion.

@Garima Singh an option to do this sync automatically would be welcome as well, since on the web browser I'm already using a shortcut to launch the assistant, it would be awesome if the sync happened as soon as the assistant is opened.

On mobile, I guess having a button is ok, but auto sync is always better ;)

Thanks!