Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass not in background at system start

someenpassuser

• 1 month later...

Hello @Kashish,

sorry for my late response. I did some checks. I use the Enpass browser extension in Chrome and Firefox (on MacOS). I am very sure (but not 100%) that Chrome causing that prompts. Chrome is very often opened on-focus and not focused, or minimized. When I completely close Chrome the prompts seem not to came up.

Pleas let me know if I can provide logs or do something to get this fixed asap.

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I guess we started to not talk about the same thing. I do not mean that this issue comes up after a reboot of the device, it comes up after unlooking the lockscreen. e.g. when you are 10 min away from desk and return, you need to unlook your screen with password/fingerprint. When done, enpass pops up in the foreground. I can confirm that it seems to be caused by chrome browser plugin.

Hello, would that mean that I need to stop my chrome browser?
I know that the issue does not come up when using Firefox. So I have my chrome started with debug enabled but when the popup came up after unlooking the lockscreen, I cannot find something about the extension activity. 

cat chrome_debug.log | grep npass

no results

Please tell me how I can collect logs, I think it would be the most efficient way to find the cause.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I bought this software to unlook premium features but this bug/problem is really annoying. I changed the unlock type from Touch ID (paid feature!) to PIN with having the same problem. Also I changed the shortcut without any result.

Please tell me if it will ever be fixed and when a fix could be expected. Maybe you can provide a suitable workaround. Unfortunately I really have to think about changing the software what I really don't want. Please provide a better flow of updated information.

Thank you!

Hey @someenpassuser

We apologize for it has been pending since long because we haven't been able to reproduce it. Please help us with these details:

1. What is the device you're using - Mac book, Mac mini or Mac?
  2. Could you share a screen-record of the problem? Maybe, you could use an external camera while you're unlocking the screen.

Meanwhile, we're try to reproduce the same at our end.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 9:28 PM, someenpassuser said:

very often and since 2-3 month, when I unlooking my macOS lookscreen, Enpass is shown in the foreground and asks to unlook (with password or touch ID). Is that a misfunction? What do I need it for? I cannot find a setting to disable this annoying prompt.

Same here on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2017, 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40 GB RAM). Quite often when I’m waking the iMac from sleep the small Enpass window (not the main application!) is showing up asking me to unlock like if I was visiting a website needing a password (which I don’t). The window is always showing were the mouse pointer is. The phenomenon suddenly appeared a couple of months ago. Since recently I’m using Safari version 14.0 (14610.1.28.1.9) but the problem occurred already with older versions of Safari.