Enpass Discussion Forum

Firefox and Enpass Extension not working on remote machine

I use Enpass on multiple machines.  For the most part it works fine, but I am having an issue on one machine.

FireFox is my browser of choice.  On one machine the extension will not connect--I get the "Enpass Connection Error" page.  The Chrome extension on the same machine works fine.

On all other machines where I am using FireFox and the Enpass extension the extension works fine.  The only difference with this machine is that I log into it via Remote Desktop.  Otherwise it is a very vanilla Windows 10 box.

FF 57.0.2, Enpass 5.6.2 and Enpass Extension 5.5.0.2.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 9:14 PM, AzureDoritos said:

Do you happen to be using the Microsoft Store bridged version of Enpass? That one doesn't support Firefox 57 :l

No, I don't believe so.  I downloaded this extension from the Enpass.IO site after clicking the "Install Browser Extension" button in the settings page.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @AndrewM0412

I think @AzureDoritos meant the Enpass desktop app and not the browser extension here because the Windows Store version(Enpass Password Manager) doesn't support Firefox 57, yet. However, soon we'll be rolling out a new update for the Store version of the app that'll support the Firefox 57 WebExtension.

Till then please bear with us.  

• 3 weeks later...

I did not install the Windows Store version of the application.  Everything was downloaded from enpass.io.

However, when I tried to use the extension this morning on the machine that has been giving me issues, I received a new error and a prompt to install the "Native Messaging for Enpass" package.  After installing this software I am able to use the extension in Firefox as expected.

I consider this issue resolved.