Enpass Discussion Forum

2fa code directly behind password?

I have a website where I have to use a password which consists of 4 numbers and the 2fa code. Actually I'm using the shortcut to fill in the password and pressing "ctrl+v" to copy the 2fa code directly behind the password.

Is it possible to automatically fill in the 2fa code directly behind the password? I couldn't find a setting for this behavior.

Hi @Pratyush Sharma,

It's not an issue. It's a feature on one specific website - https://login.mailbox.org/de. For security reasons you have the possibility to enable 2FA protection. That means you have to use a password which consists of 4 digits. If enabled you have to type in the TOTP code right behind the 4-digits-password. So you have a password which consists of 10 digits.

It would be awesome if Enpass has a script to put both together in the same field - 4-digits-password and TOTP. :)

• 8 months later...

I would like to second this feature request.  It is not uncommon for corporate Single Sign on applications to require username and password + TOTP.

Given the following values: 

• Username: rallour
  • Password: mypass
  • TOTP: 323813

The login form would then be filled in with the following: 

• Username: rallour
  • Password: mypass323813

The way I would like to see it solved is to be able to use a template for the password field.  This would allow me to combine two arbitrary fields (a static password, and a dynamic TOTP) to create a password field that is a combination of both the password and TOTP as the value, and then have that templated value be what is auto-filled into the form.

RIght now it works with multiple selection and copy/paste steps, but it'd just a nice quality of life feature as I end up needing to do this multiple times per day supporting  different customers, all of which require the format of username / password + TOTP.

Thanks for a great product, and especially thanks for supporting it on Linux!

Jason

Edited by Jason Smith
  • Like 1

Hello @Jason Smith!

Welcome to the Enpass Forum.

Thank you for your kind words, Enpass would not be where we are today without the support of our wonderful customers. 

Enpass already supports this feature for a few hard-coded websites Url only. Could you help me with the website Url on which you wanted this feature?

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 7:49 AM, Manish Chokwal said:

Enpass already supports this feature for a few hard-coded websites Url only. Could you help me with the website Url on which you wanted this feature?

This is the website where I need this feature, and it would be awesome, if you could hard-code this in here too. ;)

https://login.mailbox.org/de

And for the English-speaking folks, this is the link:

https://login.mailbox.org/en

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1