Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill on Edge for Android not working

Love Enpass, and been using it on Android 7.0 for a while. Also using Edge on Android as primary browser. Enpass recognizing sign in conditions and generating the notification, but when tapping it Enpass reports that the entry not found and is looking for Microsoft.com not matter the domain. Hope it is easy to fix.  Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hey @Akash Vyas

I updated to the latest version today. (I'm also in the beta program.) Unfortunately, autofill via notification still always thinks the page is microsoft.com.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Edit: I just tested with another password manager. It works, so it must be possible.

Edited by Gilrich

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Gilrich

That's really strange indeed!

We have tested this issue in our lab but were unable to reproduce it. It would be a great help if you can share more details (in form of some clip etc showing the failure of autofilling) so that we can investigate further.

Thanks for your co-operation.

2 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @Gilrich,

Actually, to record a clip, you first have to enable the Allow Screenshot feature in the Advanced section of Enpass settings. Make sure to turn it off after recording.

Thanks.

Thanks, @Anshu kumar. I didn't know this option exists.

I recorded a short clip of autofilling failing (looking for microsoft.com domain). 

Thanks for sharing the video.

That drives me crazy:D.

To dig out this issue, I want a little input from your side so please let me know:

• Have you installed Edge browser from other sources other than Google play store? If you installed Enpass from Google Play Store then the package name should be "com.microsoft.emmx".
  • On which device you are using Enpass?

I've tested this issue on the same version of Edge browser (1.0.0.1916) and everything works fine here. It would be great if you can try installing the stable version of Edge browser from Google Play Store and check if you are facing the same behavior again.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Thank you for your help @Anshu kumar!

• Yes, I installed it from the Google Play Store. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled to make sure.
  • I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)
  • I already tried the stable version, then I installed the Beta to see if it makes things work. It doesn't make a difference on my device.

Edit: I noticed some other weird behaviour. In apps, the correct URL is detected but Enpass doesn't show the matching entry, even though it exists.

Screenshot_20180420-182736.jpg

Screenshot_20180420-182451.jpg

Edited by Gilrich

Hi @Gilrich 

Sorry for the late reply.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:37 PM, Gilrich said:

Edit: I noticed some other weird behaviour. In apps, the correct URL is detected but Enpass doesn't show the matching entry, even though it exists.

This problem surfaces when the "Autofill info" isn't saved in the particular item. The "Autofill info" contains the package name and signature of the App, which you can save by following these steps: 

Open the app to autofill--> Click on the Notification icon to autofill --> Unlock Enpass and search for the item in Enpass ---> Tap on the item --> It will prompt you to "MODIFY AND AUTOFILL" and then try to autofill.

Hope this helps!