Enpass Discussion Forum

mSecure Import fails: Nothing to Import

Hi, I bought the pro version today. I have problems when I try to import the csv file either by selecting the msecure import, or by selecting the pre-formatted CSV setting. He tells me "Nothing to matter".
I await feedback on this, hoping that it can be solved, also because the application looks very nice and I like it a lot.
I await info on this. Thanks

Enpass 23_12_2020 21_03_40.png

Hi @Giovanni Molinaro,

Welcome to the forums!

Please follow the below steps to import data in Enpass from mSecure:

Step 1- To export the data from mSecure-

• Open mSecure App.
  • Go to Files → Export → CSV.

Step 2: Import data into Enpass desktop -

Please go through this link of our user manual.

NOTE- Before importing your data from mSecure to Enpass, first you need to export your mSecure data in the .csv unencrypted file format.

If the issue persists let us know the following details so we can help you better:

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?
  • Which mSecure Version are you using?
  • Which type of Items(login, identity, cards, etc.) you have exported from mSecure?

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hey @TobiB & @Giovanni Molinaro

Welcome to the forum!

Please let us know the following details so we can help you better:

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?
  • Let us know from which software version you have exported data?
  • Which language are you using as a default?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hello ENPASS Support

just purchased the licenses and try to import my uncencrypted msecure version 6.0.271.0 csv file and also get the same error: "Nothing to import". Tried the import with the actual version of the windows app downloaded via MS App Store.

How can i fix this, i have more then 200 entries to migrate?

Thanks!

Edited by netcat65

Hi @netcat65

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, I suggest checking out our handy guide on how to import your msecure password file to ensure that you are not missing any critical steps. If the issue persists, please share the below details with me, and I'll have this further investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using.
  2. A screenshot of the error occurring would be helpful.

6 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @netcat65

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, I suggest checking out our handy guide on how to import your msecure password file to ensure that you are not missing any critical steps. If the issue persists, please share the below details with me, and I'll have this further investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using.
  2. A screenshot of the error occurring would be helpful.

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew and use the handy guide but it does only work when you export the csv with the MacOS client. CSV exported by windows client are not working. FunFact: content look the same. Using the MacOS export works.

BUT:

The exported msecure csv has some weird content format. Every entry has the corresponding field name e.g. "username|01|John.Doe" included. This content is not usable because field name contains after the import the former msecure fieldnames. The imported content must be manually corrected. 

Summarize: It looks like that the MSECURE import function is an ongoing construction site, because the topics pops up regulary. My issues occur with the actual V5 version.

The only solution at this point of time is to manualy clean and re-format the msecure csv to the default enpass csv import format as described.