Enpass Discussion Forum

family sharing

MirkoMK

Hi @MirkoMK,

Thanks for writing back.

You can transfer your database from Desktop to iOS device via Sync:

1. Open Enpass on your Desktop and go to Enpass settings --> Vault --> Tap on Vault ---> Select Sync and choose a cloud account to your database.
  2. Enter your cloud account details, follow the instructions and wait till the sync is done.
  3. Now open Enpass on your iOS device --> Vaults --> Tap on Vault ---> Select the cloud (as in Step 1) from which you had enabled sync on your Desktop.
  4. Once the sync is done, all your database from Desktop will be restored in your iOS device.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Hi @Pratyush Sharma

many thanks for your reply, but probably I didn't explain right.

In my desktop APP I'm using the Primary Vault synched with my iCloud and a secondary Vault (named "family") synched with Google Drive.

When I use desktop APP I can see both vault data; for example I can find out an item in Primary Vault or in secondary vault.

In my iOS I'm not able to reproduce the same behaviour: I can synch only one vault, so I have to choose iCloud (primary vault) or Google Drive (secondary vault).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

//Mirko

Hi @MirkoMK,

Thanks for writing back.

The Enpass desktop apps are free and offer to save unlimited items and multiple vaults. In contrast, the mobile apps' trial version can store up to 20 items with a single vault and require the Enpass Premium version to add unlimited items and multiple vaults. So please check and share your Enpass app status via app settings > account.

Hi @MirkoMK,

That's great to hear. Now please make sure you have multiple-vaults added to your database. You can click on the top left icon (Enpass or cloud or vault) to view/switch the vaults.

In case you haven't added them, then to create a new vault, go to App Settings > Vaults > Tap on + button > Enter vault name > Restore data from the cloud account.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Hey @MirkoMK

You can restore both the vaults of desktop app on your iOS device as well, to do so follow the below steps:

To restore Primary vault on iOS device-

1. Open Enpass on your Desktop app and go to Enpass settings --> Vaults --> Tap on Primary Vault ---> Select 'Set up Sync' and choose the iCloud cloud to sync your database.
  2. Enter your iCloud account details, follow the instructions and wait till the sync is done.
  3. Now open Enpass on your iOS device --> Vaults --> Tap on Primary Vault ---> Select the iCloud (as in Step 1) from which you had enabled sync on your Desktop.
  4. Once the sync is done, all your database from Desktop will be restored on your iOS device in your primary vault.

To restore secondary vault(family) on iOS device-

1. Open Enpass on your Desktop app and go to Enpass settings --> Vaults --> Tap on secondary vault(family) ---> Select 'Set up Sync' and choose the Google-drive cloud to sync your database.
  2. Enter your Google-drive account details, follow the instructions and wait till the sync is done.
  3. Now open Enpass on your iOS device --> Vaults --> Tap on '+' and create a new secondary Vault and name it "Family"---> Select the same Google-drive cloud from which you had enabled sync on your Desktop.
  4. Once the sync is done, all your database from Desktop will be restored on your iOS device in your secondary vault.

Let me know if you have any queries while doing so.

Thanks!

Hi @Garima Singh,

if I right understand, you are instructing me on how I can restore a Vault in my iOs device. But please excuse me, my request is different: am I able to use both vaults (primary and secondary) simultaneously so I can search for an item indendentely saved on primary or secondary vault, exactly how I can do in desktop APP?

many thanks

//Mirko

Hey @MirkoMK

Sorry for the trouble you are facing. If I have understood you correctly, you have two vaults on your desktop, Primary vault is synced with iCloud, secondary (Family) is synced with Google Drive. You want to add and access your Family vault on your iOS device.

To do so, please follow these steps: 

1. Open Enpass on your iOS device. Then go to App Settings > Vaults > Tap on '+' to create a new vault.
  2. Enter the vault name (say Family) and tap continue. Now you see some options, i.e., Create a new database or Restore existing data from a cloud.
  3. Click on Google Drive cloud under 'Restore from the cloud,' to restore your Family vault data.
  4. Once clicked, you will be redirected to the Google Drive login page. Enter your Google account details with which you have configured sync on your desktop device and allow authentication. 
  5. Now, wait till the database is restored from Google-drive.

If you have already created a secondary vault (Family) on your iOS device, but it doesn't contain any database. Go to App settings > Vaults > Secondary vault >  Enable sync > select Google Drive and restore data using the step 4 mentioned above.

Hope this helps! Thanks.

• 2 months later...